08 pitpro - hard to start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike07

Reaction score
gday, i've got an 08 pitpro with unifilter & 105 main jet. its always taking so long to start the bike and i don't know why that is. could it be the valve clearances? i've only ridden it about 10hours all up since buying it new.

it will take so many kicks to start, whether full choke or without. its giving me the f***in shits.

even after i finally get it started and ride it for ages, turn it off then try and start it, it takes ages and the only way i can get it to start is by emptying the fuel in the carby.

any suggestions?

cheers
mike

kick it but dont turn ya throttle just kick use a bit of choke when cold

oh yeh sorry i forgot to tell ya how 2 fix it haha yeh ur probably lettin to much fuel through by twisting the throttle sometimes u might have 2 twist it slightly 2 start but u shouldnt have 2 let heaps through

i had the same problem as u so i scratched up the spark plug and do the valves its way better now starts 1st kick!
ow also got heaps of compresion bak from doing the valve ajustments!

hey mate the flooding thing happened to me too. what i do is turn off your fuel when your starting it so it doesn't keep letting more and more fuel into the carby. dunno if it'll work but it did for me. :)

ive got a pit pro xr150, to start mine (from cold) put the choke on kick it over till it give a slight cough or fire, turn the choke off, kick it with a small bit of throttle. Works for me. Ive got the molkt carb 26mm.

Latest posts

Back