1/4 throttle ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crim 87

Reaction score
hey guys just purchased a 1/4 turn throttle and was wondering how to fit it i know how to get it on the bars but how far back does the cable go ?? down near the carbie im tipping

how do you attach it to the carbie ?? do you need to take the carbie off ??

My gusse will be it gose in the carbi or atleast far enough to the carbi to get the plunger and slide on then you should be able to screw the plunger back into the carbi.

No you should not have to take the carbi off, undo the cap on top of the carbi (the throtle cable connects to the cap) then swap the plunger and slide onto the 1/4 turn cable.

I don't know as I don't have a 1/4 turn cable but thats my gusse.

yeah i only found the screw cap at the top but had to take the carbi apart cause there was this spring in the plunger and now i cant get it back together anyone know the order of how you put it back together or some details need help asap

u have to place and thread the cable inside the carby where a black or grey cylinder type thing is sitting (plunger?). its located under the cap and the spring is placed in it.

Here is a great vid of http://www.miniriders.com.au/carby-tuning/16270-carby-pull-down-rebuild-tutorial.html . Should help you out.

Your new cable should reach far enough to fit it on to the round thing (plunger and slide[slide = needle])
04092009011.jpg

Latest posts

Back