1/4 turn throttle / Electric start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
Im getting a 1/4 turn throttle, Do i need to do anything thing else to the bike? Like any other mods to make it work better?

Also just wondering if anyone knows anything about electric start bikes. Mines ahs elctric start and has stopped working. It clicks over but doesnt start. Anyone else had this problem?

No you shouldn't...

I was looking at your signature and i noticed you said you bought a new front clutch... I didn't know there was a rear clutch lol.

yeh charge your battery old boy =) but good choise on the throttle =) one of the best things i put on my bike...
so much nicer to ride with and im guessing that it would be a quick ation one too =)

yeh charge your battery old boy =) but good choise on the throttle =) one of the best things i put on my bike...
so much nicer to ride with and im guessing that it would be a quick ation one too =)
Bahahahahahahaha

I just bought a CNC Billet 1/4 turn throttle and when i tighten up the bolts so it dousent move around on the handle bar it dousent work. It becomes really hard to turn!! When i loosen it off so it wobbles a bit it works fine can some one tell me why this is cheers.
Craig #21

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Make sure you remember to lube up your handle bar with a silicon spray or something slippery, before you slide the throttle on. Or it will feel sticky when you try and open the throttle, from all the friction of the throttle rubbing on the bars. Only lube up the bars where the quarter turn tube and grips slip over... not where it clamps on

Cheers

Hahaha No worries,

I forgot to mention you should probably try to lube up, where the tube slides in the clamps as well (but not where it clamps onto the bars). Also while you are at it you may as well spray some down the throttle cable as well... The better lubed it all is the smoother it will feel as well :cool:

Last edited:
It wasn't the spelling he was referring to I think. It was simply from you saying what you said.

well wat the fuk did i say so out of the blue ?? quick action throttle?? the bloddy plastic throttles are 1/4 turn too jezz

It wasn't the spelling he was referring to I think. It was simply from you saying what you said.

Yep, thats what it was... It absolutely amazes me to think that these people are on here giving other people advice...:confused:

Im getting a 1/4 turn throttle, Do i need to do anything thing else to the bike? Like any other mods to make it work better?

Hey kennaz, unless you already have a lengthened throttle cable, you might need to buy an angled throttle cable for your 1/4 turn throttle as well.

e91d_1.jpg

You can get them cheap as if you look around a bit... The cable attaches at a different angle on these throttles and angled cable will help redirect it back to the carbie and keep it out off the way everything. Also it will give you 2 extra place that you can adjust the throttle cable tension (so 3 total).....Which makes it very easy to keep zero play in the cable.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back