1/4 twist throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettLo

Reaction score
hey all i have searched a few web sites , including ebay. but just curious as to where i can get a 1/4 twist throttle from ? anyone know anything online thats good? cheers in advance

these guys are a site sponsor they should be able to help you just scroll down the page till you see the 1/4 turn throttle

H/Bars & Controls

ok just an update. i couldnt get the throttle from east50's as i needed it by the weekend , so unfortunatly i had to go local with the purchase ( i found somewhere that had them in stock ). and i just fitted it , and all is good. except now if anyone can give me some advice. when i start my bike , it revs its tits off haha , so i turned it off straight away as it was cold and didnt wanna hurt anything. so was just wondering where i should adjust it at ? ( the cable is wound right in at the throttle end ) if that helps ?

I had to buy a much longer cable when I fitted my joker throttle, the motovert cable is a perfect fit

^^^^either that or it needs adjusting.....try adjusting it and if you have to adjust all the way and still no luck then replace the cable.;)

Yeah mate I had the same problem on a 125cc china,
After stuffing around with stuff for hrs I found the cable going into the carbie the metal shroud thing was 180' around the wrong way? But it was a weird as hell carbie?
Hope that ^ helps.

hey , cheers for all the replys ! , turned out the cable was to short , so just got one made up locally ! and so far its all sweet. except now when i give it a quick full turn of the throttle i get boggyness just after 1/4 of a turn when i do it quickly , if i slowly do it , it seems fine.. any advice with that one to get it running right ? and is it normal to have to adjust the carbie after changing cables ? i didnt think it would be necessary.. but guess thats why im here :p haha

Last edited:
all i can think of if you ONLY changed the cable... your needle isnt sitting in properly... check the retainer spring..looks like a W...have the centre of it opposite the cable slot in the slide.
or you havent tightened the cap properly??

Latest posts

Back