110 lifan engine or 140 lifan???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Th3D3v1Ly

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a couple of problems. I have 2 lifans, 110 and 140. My 110 has no 3rd gear as shes been chewed up, so replacement gearbox needed. (Question 1 Can someone write instructions how to get whole engine apart, just incase i miss a bit)(Questions 2 will a 140 gearbox fit 110?)

Also this 140 lifan, the kick start gears are gone. Can i make one whole engine with what i got here do you think?

I also a loncin 125cc engine with electric start, gearbox fit for lifan 110?

Also which engine do you think is best out of all 3?

Thanks guys. Its stressing me out!!

whatever you do, dont forget that their are 125 lifans on ebay for $300 and some are going for less. So dont get some shop to fix it cauce they will rip you off.

*the more you can provied on each motor the more accurate the info you'll recieve as there are many different setups/configurations of motors*

Question 1 Can someone write instructions how to get whole engine apart, just incase i miss a bit

Can't help there sorry

Questions 2 will a 140 gearbox fit 110?

110 gear box will not fit a 140 gear box based on the info you've provided. From memory they are completely different. One has clutch on main shaft other doesn't.

I also a loncin 125cc engine with electric start, gearbox fit for lifan 110?

If money is tight and you have some understanding of motors, this would more than likley be your best bet.

Also which engine do you think is best out of all 3?

The 140cc, after all bigger is better :p

So dont get some shop to fix it cauce they will rip you off.

As for shops ripping you off - that really is a matter of opion, after all shops have rent, insurance, outgoings, power, phone, internet, wages, GST, regos, webiste fees, etc etc. I find that a very uneducated statement. They arn't cheap because they have a service that you can't complete yourself.

Last edited:
Alright tomorrow after school I'll pull down the 150 (zongshen) should be the same if your clutch is not on the crank. You'll have to wait 2-3 days due to steps invovled, notes have to be takin' after every step, writing it up ect then checking, editing, checking again then posting after getting Thump*140 to check (if hes up to it). So about 2-3 days there'll be a tut up on splitting the casings.

Umm no the 140 wont fit the head and barrel.

Go the 140 as it has more power:p.

If your clutch is on the crank (110). I might pull down the 110 if I could be bothered but its not an easy task so you'll have to be patient.

Ken's a great bloke def go through him if your in NSW or close about. Doesn't matter where you live cause he can post. Hes got great after service, quaility of parts are :D, good prices.

Good find DvDRip
icon14.gif

Great find DvDRip:D:D but does lack some intell on how he got it apart (as you stated a "general guide"). I would've liked to know how he got off the stator ect as I can't get mine off (I know theres a tool but I haven't brought it yet). He also missed a few gears ect that are of some importance.

Do you mind if you could send the link to me in a PM? for future references.

Last edited:
Ok so i stripped the kick start gears off last night, found out that the shaft one of the cogs is attached too is complety snapped off, so looks like a new set of kick start gears and also a gearbox if im right?

So looks like for now i will be using the 110 and just replacing the gearbox. I can pretty much do all the work myself, got all tools etc, just the process im not sure about. opened it up last night and looked very easy.

I will post some pics up soon. I bought this bike in bits, it was a mess, now looks nice n pretty. ha

Latest posts

Back