110 run in/wat oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sus1

Reaction score
hey guys,,

i have a 110 lifan motor witch i did the rings in,, i bought a new piston and rings there getting put in tomoz and the bore getting done,, and im not sure wat oil to run in it.. i am kinda a noob at this,

also should does it need to be run in??

cheers,,

i presume you have previously giving this engine hell in a hand basket's worth of a time so really not a great deal needs to be done run in whise, but with a new head set up on it how hard you ride it to start off with is the power your going to be stuck with so don't flog the mickey out of it and put it on the valves every gear change but don't be too soft on it, all your gearing and bottom end are used to hell so just go out and ride her bearing in mind that you don't want to damage you new internals but want your power to last :)

as for you oil, it just be looking at some quality Motal or Belray semi synthetic stuff, racing 4 stroke gear... id be looking at some 10W/40 stuff, thats a good race oil that will work well with most engines but the one thing ill say is that oil is cheep insurgence for your engine so regular changes is great for you bike and it'll always last longer on fresh stuff :)

Latest posts

Back