110cc horspower for sale

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonk1970

Reaction score
I have for sale a second hand (ridden 7 or 8 times) takagawa 107 race head kit and carby. Bolts straight onto a 50cc or 70cc honda motor. This is as fast as a 107cc can go it is quicker than most 125cc. It will wheel stand in all 3 gears.

Inc:
Head with big valves
High Lift Cam
Carby
Crank and Rod
107cc piston

PM for price

pics

107kit.jpg

i dont want to sound stupid but where do the cams go in these bike motors? (i'm only familiar with where they go in a car engine :oops: )

where does the cam go

same place as in a car, its an overhead cam which means it goes right on top of the head. Has a cam chain that runs it straight off the crank.

i haven't been into 4 stroke aircooled engines too much so can i ask - is the small rectangular piece on the side of the barrel the place where the forced air from the flywheel goes through?

ok, so where is the flywheel located then? does it actually get air to the cylinder?

fly wheel

the fly wheel is loctated on the gear box and does not have anything to do with the cooling of the engine

so how does it cool itself then? and if the flywheel is not cooling the engine, what is it doing?

cooling

cooling comes from air flowing over the fins on the barrel and the head doesnt need the fly wheel. On a pocket bike the flywheel can cool the bike while stationary.

The fly wheel is the same on a car or a bike it allows the clutch to grab and turn the gearbox or engine sprocket, nothing to do with cooling really just an additional benefit.

and the flywheel helps keep it in motion when the engine isnt on a power stroke

just the air around it. doesnt need much cooling because it has large fins

cooling

it doesnt cool itself when it is idiling, at idle it shouldnt produce enought heat to cause a problem. A 4 stroke idles much lower than a 2 stroke

The fins actually act like a heat sink and disperse heat even without airflow!

Latest posts

Back