12" rear tyre size larger than 80/100?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numroe

Reaction score
I'm keen to know of a rear 12" mini MX track tyre which is wider than the usual 80/100. Ideas?

I searched the Bridgestone and Michelin and Pirelli web sites, and all they sell are 80/100 in 12" rear tyres for mini MX.

So anyone found a real "fatty" anywhere in any brand?

A 12-90/100 would be perfect. Being wider and a little bigger too. But all I find are 14-90/100 and that means I'd need a larger 14" wheel and longer swing arm and so introduce new problems. Even a 12-80/110 would be good.

I just want a larger contact patch with the ground to get the power down in soft/medium terrain.

Hey numroe,
I found that the kenda carlsbad tyre is a lot wider than the bridgestone and the dunlop 80/100,
and they look a bit taller as well
hope this helps ya out a bit

I found that the kenda carlsbad tyre is a lot wider than the bridgestone and the dunlop 80/100,
and they look a bit taller as well
Thanks slick50. That's the kind of feedback I can use. I know what you mean, since my original Innova is the opposite being really narrow but still labeled as an 80mm wide tyre. I just checked out the Maxxis and IRC web sites. Again only, 80/100-12 size ratings and no actual/real size data. I could not even find Dunlops mini sizes.

My Pirelli inflated on the rim is 80mm wide at the sidewalls and 96mm wide measuring the nobs. Just now I eyeballed it with a ruler. My rim is 1.85" wide - I think. How does your Carlsbad compare??

Problem is your tyre is for hard terrain, but if its monster fat it could be a goer anyway. I could easy fit a tyre on there which is 10mm bigger all over.

did a bit of measuring on some of the tyres i have
IRC
widest point 93mm
sidewall 82mm
height 470mm

kenda carlsbad
widest point 98mm
sidewall 84mm
height 475mm

bridgestone
widest point 92mm
sidewall 75mm
height 460mm

dunlop 756
widest point 95mm
sidewall 80mm
height 465mm
These tyres are all fitted to a 1.85 rear rim and the newest is the carlsbad ,
there isnt much difference between them all but looking at them on the rims the carlsbad looks the biggest in all aspects , it might be that it has an aggressive and tall block pattern on it ,
ive ridden on all of them and i must say that i like the carlsbad the best but the bridgestone was very good also ,

the dunlop 756 is good too ,
and i must say that the irc is the worst ,
I ride at frankston moto park alot and the 80 track is a mixture of hard pack and soft sand so it does the job there ,
hope this helps you choose a tyre

I find the Vee Rubber competition series to be one of the best tyres I have tried and ive been through a few. Im not sure how wide they are but they are chunky and much thicker and stronger than the Carlsbad. I will measure the tyre width tomorrow and let u know.

Thanks fellas, and thanks a lot Slick 50. Good info.

Latest posts

Back