>120kph are they pulling my leg

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had 17t front and a 35 rear or something i think that 120kmh is achievable

i highly doubt the 155z engine does 100km little alone 120 it revs out way too quick and the gearing is so much shorter than your average lifan gearing

and as someone stated i think it was snitchy where can you ride a dirtbike at that speed?? there is jno need especially if your ogingh to race you would be lucky to get ovaer 70kms racing
i got a 155z in my motovert rx wit 17 35 gearing and it will sit on 1oo and stil has more to go i havent been past 1o5 it gets prety scary on a lil rx on the highway doin that speed

my mates stock atomick 110 pulls 95 and my 155z pulls past him so i rekon they could do 120 +

What motor is in the atomik?

They could do it with the right gearing for sure. Easy. Would be a slow wind up though!!

Would be interesting to see if anyone has got near 120kph.
The issue with top speeds on bikes is that as speed increases, forces, ie wind resistance get exponential.

Basically, it would take about 40% more power to go from 100kph to 120kph, possibly more, so a 18hp pit bike would likely run out of grunt.

Dyno's are a different story altogether as there is no wind resitance. For what it's worth, on flat land weight of a rider shouldn't matter at all, it will damped acceleration but won't affect top speed. Unless the rider is a big fatty, suppose then they create a bit more wind resistance.

120kph sounds over the top. I have no way of telling how fast I'm going but I doubt my 175cc would get that fast. It would Rev out before you could reach that speed.

I have seen 119 on my sachs madass, 16/39. If I had gone to the toilet, I may have gotten 120 for a split second.
It has a z155 with 29mm mikuni:39/120. Pilot should have been around 43 though, Queanbeyan.
Crankshaft split at stator end two weeks after dropping at 40k's, the kickshaft took a hit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back