125 Bigfoot, 140xr, 150xr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
ok well some of you might remember that i was lookin at getting a china 250 but after looking and thinking about it all i think the 250sxr might be a tad bit to big for me and i wont have as much fun on one as i would a smaller bike doing hill climbs and stuff.

So now im not to sure of what i want to get so i need a bit of advice on a couple of bikes, my price range including any mods and stuff that will be done to the bike will be around the $1800 range.

So now for the choices, I would like a bigish sorta bike so im not cramped over when im sitting one the bike and stuff so i was thinking of the Pitpro 125 Bigfoot, I know these next to bikes are smaller but i was also after a bit of power and speed so i was thinking of the Pitpro 140xr or the Pitpro 150xr, the 250 is still in the back of my mind but im just not 100% sure anymore.

Now as for any mods to the bike Pro tapers will be one of the first things to get brought and also a uni filter, but from there im not to sure what else to get, I want a good top speed but i also want good acceration and a bit of torque with the bike, So i was thinking of changing the front and rear sprokets with some new ones but not sure of the sizes, that would take care of the speed, as for accelaration i was thinkin of a irk, but i've heard that they shorten the life of the motors?? Is this true? but the problem with the lightened flywheel is that once a hill is hit wont the bike slow down because of the lighter flywheel wont be able to keep the engine speed up? Also i dont kinow what a new oil slinger will do but a lot of people get them so they must do something??

If I was to go for the 125 is there any big bore kits out there for them and what sort of improvememts would i see from getting it??

Thanks for any replies

Kingers

Id stay away from the pp bigfoot and for the $1800 id go with an MSO SR and no mods will need to be done to it for a while so u can just enjoy riding it and getting to know the bike. Changing sprockets before u ride it is stupid and its better to just ride it and see what u think. This way u have something to compare it to. Another option id look at would be the 150cc Pimpit Gangster for around $1500 then that leaves a few $$$ in your pocket for any mods that u will want to do.

yeah i wasnt gonna change the sprokets over before i'd riden it i prob would change them over after a couple more times to get a bit more speed up thats all, why you say stay away from the big foot? is there any mso dealers around in victoria in the ringwood area that i can go into and have a look at the bikes caues they say about 2K on their website

thanks

The bigfoot has a front wheel that is too big for the bike so it hits the bash plate and motor constantly. Other than that its not too bad but its not worth more than $550 delivered and it doesnt have the same quality as bikes over $1000.

There are no MSO dealers in melbourne but there reputation is great so if u like the style of bike and that is what your looking for im sure u wont be dissapointed with the SR.

There should be a new model Pimpit Gangster 150cc in melb soon if u wanna check it out

Last edited:
My Atomik Reign Bigfoot 140 front wheel doesnt hit the motor or bash plate,
The bigger front wheel makes it better when hit/going over bumps cracks and stuff you find on bush tracks/trails

My Atomik Reign Bigfoot 140 front wheel doesnt hit the motor or bash plate,
The bigger front wheel makes it better when hit/going over bumps cracks and stuff you find on bush tracks/trails

I am talking about the PP bigwheel. I havent ridden the reign so i cant comment on it.

Yeah by lookin at the bike it looks like it would hit, but i do really want a bigger bike though i went around to my mates house and rode around on hil pp 125rr and it was good but to me the bike felt a little small, the pp 150xr is no bigger in size to the 125rr is it? and i dont think pp make a 150 or 140 bigfoot do they? anyone know for a fact? i've been lookin on ebay and seen the atomik 150 bigfoot, anyone got one or riden one and know how the go?

NEW 2008 REIGN BIGFOOT 150cc DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Aug-08 21:15:00 AEST)

how do these hold up against the pp 140xr and 150xr in speed and performance?

Is there anyother 3/4 size bikes out there that are cheapish, i will be working the engine to anybike that i get too.

Thanks

you will find from an ergonoic side of things the midsize bikes are very close to riding a big bike

and for the bang for your $ the mso sr is where it's at

the pitpro are a cheap opertunity bike and last like that but if you maintain it you might be right

hey just been lookin on ebay and comparin the specs of the 150xr and atomik 150 bigfoot, they seem to be exactly the same engines in both of the bikes? and as far as i can tell the pitpro has a 26mm carby and the atomik has a 30mm carby, also the pitpro has a lightned flywheel and a race cdi, does the atomik? i know the 150xr has better components on the bike and stuff. im just lookin at the engine side of things at this point.

as for the mso i think i might give it a miss just because it is a bit pricey and i think i want something with a bigger wheel for when i go out bush

The 30mm carby would be a true 26mm as many 26mm mikuni carbs are advertised as 30mm which is not correct.

Latest posts

Back