125cc bike wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smallparrot

Reaction score
ok. i took my bike out for like 5 minutes the other day, hardly even going out of 2nd gear and then i turned it off and put it in the garage for like an hour. i came back outside to ride it, and the damn thing wont start. it is kicking and i can hear it getting some gas when i kick start it, but it wont completely turn over and start. i even sprayed starting fluid on the air filter to see if that worked and it didnt. it sounds like its really trying to start, but it just wont. could somebody just fill me in on another option? thanks so much

Check the spark plug, were you riding in the rain?

nah i wasnt, but i did ride in the smallest sprinkle like 2 days ago, but it was running fine after that. i only rode it in the sprinkle for like 5 min then went back inside.

only had the bike for like a week

also what is it exactly, that i should be looking for in the sparkplug?

i got it, it was the sparkplug, took me forever to finally find one the right size. went to srsmotorsports and they hooked me up w/ like 5 of them =)

my bike doesnt really have a choke, it has like this level that says on and off on the handlebars. its like a plastic lever type thing, ill post a pic later.

and sidney, i think it might be the choke, and its always in the "on" position. is that bad? it wont really stay in the off position if i go over bumps it pushes itself back to the ON position.

You should only have the choke on for like 30 seconds when you start the bike to warm it up then turn it off.

honestly, i dont think my bike has a choke. do all bikes have to have a choke or do some not have one? myself and my friends cannot find anything that looks like it might be the choke on my bike anywhere.

most bikes do have them..
usually only a few really cheap ones dont..
try looking up underneath the plastics a bit thats where mine is..

Latest posts

Back