125cc dirt bike no worky

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I a have a 125cc dirtbike and I just recently fixed the ignition side of things.

Basicly I can crank over the bike and it ill run for 30 seconds then it dies so I have adjusted the little screw on the under side of the carby but now it wont start at all and I have adjusted that scew heaps of times even doin half turns at a time from fully screwed in to fully screwed out and nothing.

It will tun for a little bit when I pur metho down the carby but thats it so realy its just running of the metho i put in :eek:

Any ideas ????

Thanks alot guys :)

Yer its a trick I use to get motors that dont want to start going, I have built over 10 wipper siniper/chainsaw engines coz I used to put em on my push bike lol but yer and this trick would always get the unstartable ones started.

Um.... Did you just say you are pouring Metho into the carb?

putting metho in the carby is basically the same as using aerostart or whatever. we use "start ya bastard" on our mowers and my bike but ive used metho. works fine.

urban legend - if you are having to put metho directly in the carby then maybe theres a problem getting fuel from the tank to the carby? try looking at the basics like the line, tap and stuff like that...

hope it helps a little bit. :)

Last edited:
hmm..which screw was it you touched the one on the bottom of the carb on back...coz it was the bottom well its gonna be a bitch to get it running...does it take a bit to get it started when it does start?

i got told never use "start ya bastard" or similair stuff because your motor gets addicted to it and will only start if you spray that in it... pretty much wat happened to me 110.

Thanks for the help guys yer I adjusted that screw :( umm I am sure thats the lean/rich screw as for the fuel going to the bike there is one fuel line and thats it could it be possible that the fuel line is too short ? like maybe its kinking at the parts were it conects to.

The bike used to start 1st /2nd kick.

Thanks for the help guys but im still unsure I just wann ride the blody thing lol last week the ignitoin wouldnt wrk now the fuile side :(

maybe its your valves???? you should chekc and them make sure if your wondeirng how to check them there is a video tutorial floating around somewhere

i got told never use "start ya bastard" or similair stuff because your motor gets addicted to it and will only start if you spray that in it... pretty much wat happened to me 110.

Whoever told you that is talking out their ass, a motor will start the next day without it... maybe just a few more kicks.

If the screw you were playing with was up under where the manifold joins onto the carby then its ya fuel to air..
I would try checking the carby..
Main jet,, float levels, needel
Clean it all out
see how that goes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back