125cc dirtbike help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys I am new here basicly I just got a 125cc dirt bike form my mate after instaling 6k worth of sound system in his car.

I have tryed to get this bike started but I dunno whats wrong with it.

I have put new oil in it and I have tried recharging the batt but i think the cells have dried up.

I have tested some components to see if they work like starter motor ignition coil.

Basicly when I kickstart the engine over there is no spark comming form the plug and when I bypassed the relay to trigger the starter motor there was still no spark.

Do these bikes reqire a fully functional battery to start/work ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks alot mike :)

I found these pics on here this bike looks %95 the same as to what I have.

Anyone fimilliar with this type of bike or can provide any details.

Thanks mike

make sure the fuel is on and the killswitch is off.

make sure the fuel is on and the killswitch is off.

Fuel on :confused: I couldnt see a little tap or anything in the fuel line when I replaced it. If there was one would it be in the main fuel line from the tank or at the carby or ?

As for kill switch ther is a ignition key on the side of the bike with off and . I am assuming . is on also my mate recons you have to hold the brake leaver down to start it, I bypassed that switch as it was annyoing :p but would there be any other sorces of kill switch ?

Actualy now that i think of it there is a on of switch on the handle bar and under neath it is the starter motor switch :confused:

Sorry guys im confused on this one.

Would a new batt fix this :confused:

Thanks alot guys

Hey mate thats my bike and they don't need the battery to run i removed mine to make it weigh a little less.

Hey mate thats my bike and they don't need the battery to run i removed mine to make it weigh a little less.

Sweet so just dissconnect the batt and what leave the leads loose or bypass them or ?

So my bike would have a magneto pints ?

What info can you shar about our bikes ?

Thanks for the help man :D :D

batery is only for electric start and I have seen these style bikes without a fuel tap on them so it may not have one

batery is only for electric start and I have seen these style bikes without a fuel tap on them so it may not have one

Cool ima go have anuther play lol thanks guys if any one else has any other sugestions keep em commin :p

Thanks heaps :D

try unplugging the killswitch as it might be shot it happend to my mates bike

yer I bypassed the switch on the brake leaver but still no go.

basicly I cant get any spark from the plug I bought a new ignition coil and I tested the plug which works but still no go.

There is so much wire an clatter is it possible to just rip out evrything and just have the magneto points wired up the ignition coil to simplafy it. ????? as oposed to all this wiring for 2 kill switches a startermotor some regulator thingy ect.
Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back