125cc Lifan Babys =)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
any boys or girls?? out there that have the silver 125cc lifan engine.. quiet the same as mine??

mine flys and i love it but just wondering if ne1s had ne probblems with this engine or any random things youve done that have made it go that little bit harder??

im open for and suggestions :) doesnt matter how random they are :p

Last edited:
Ive got the lifan 120 in my 06 provert. Put a 138 barrell off of ebay on it, left the barrell off to bump up the compresson. Matched ported the head, pulled apart my stock exhaust and made it flow better. Got a TB cdi box and uni air filter and it seems to go pretty hard with a 85kg rider on it, and only costing under $200 spent on it so far.

so youve done abit to the head then =) get much more power for all that work?

YEAH! Took heaps out of the ports, just followed the thread on porting made it go way harder. Well worth doing.

so port her =) nice one... wat bout your barrel?? bigger size worth piss poting around for??

Ive got a pitpro 124 le with 125 silver engine and she goes really well. Just short shift into 2nd then into 3rd and let the torque just launch you forward or rev it out in all gear and it nevers complains 1 bit. only prob is mine takes like 5-8 minutes to warm up. jake

yeh mine dont take too long to warm up get her a quick go and go abit easy on her for the first few minutes and she right =) is yours all silver bro ??

Sorry to take so long to get back to you darb, just been abit busy. Anyway about that barrel made a little bit of a differnce putting the 138 on it. Should have bought the 140 instead, oh well get one next time. Played around with the gearing on the bike over the weekend, gave a mate afew races on his new movert. First few goes i would have him down low till mid 3rd gear then he would pull back even, then put a 17 tooth sprocket on instead of the std 15 tooth and had up to 4 bike lengths on him every race.

So you run 17 at the front? what do you run on the rear?

I wanna play around with my gearing... Can you tell me what you get from it like is fairly low/high thanks.

yeh nice =) gearing does a heap.. and is pritty important to get the right set up for you bike =)

heres a few basics about sprockets and gearing...

on the front the bigger you go the more top speed and smaller more acceleration

on the back the bigger you go the more acceleration and smaller the more top speed

so basically the opposite =)

one tooth on the front sprocket is equal to about 3-4 teeth on the back

just start with wat youve got and just swap and change maybe with a few mates and see how you like it =)

Latest posts

Back