125cc lifan no spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadof2

Reaction score
i am having issues with a 125cc liflan engine that has no spark
from a donor bike that has a siezed gbox but was running fine
ive replaced the plug, lead, kill switch, coil, cdi, stator plate, flywheel and all wiring but still no spark ill be buggered if i can work it out
(even changed the carb just in case)
i am hoping that someone else has had this issue with these types of motor
the bike had only 2 hours of use the oil is still clean the bike just died and have been on it solid for 2 days trying to work it out more time chasing faults than was had riding the thing
any help would be greatly appreciated

lol changed the carby just in case u proberly wired it wrong when u put it together use one of those things cnt remember the name it tests if there is a circuit and go over all the electrical and did u attach the earth cable??

i didnt disconect any wires just removed them as a whole from the donor and put them into the other bike all attached so as to minimise any chance of a mistake

next step is the mutimeter but the kids are staying right away and its sort of hard to crank the thing over and have the probe wires in place all by myself lol
any idea where this earth wire may be

earth is your problem , green wires are earth , gound them on frame scratch paint away

yaaaaa its all running
i tried earthing out to the frame but that didnt work so i undid all the connections and re-wired the whole thing put the plug in the lead grabed the plug and heaps of spark put the plug in and it fired up straight away
the kids are wrapped
so thanks very much for the tips guys i very much appreciate them

Latest posts

Back