125cc motor and 50/pit bike frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat nick

Reaction score
hey im new here, ive always been into the mini bikes, i recently got a crf230, im not alowed to take it out of my property on the roads and stuff, so i want a mini to get around and jump and just thrash around.

the way i wana go about this is buy a 125cc chinese motor or whatevers decent for the $250 price range and then put it on a crf50 frame, they seem a little to pricey im also wanting to spend about $250 or mabye more on a frame.

i know i can just buy a complete bike but i want to put it together my self for somthing to do.

so if any ones got any ideas of how i should go about this please reply thanks.

i know i wont get a crf50 frame for that much, what could i get for that much though? second hand im talking about

there our site sponser click mso on the right hand side.

im looking for a full bike basically just without the motor should said that at the start i think.

hmm that would be very hard to find. sorry man cant help you there

ohk thanks any way, ill probably end up geting a full bike i rekon, whats a good brand for cheap because i know the atomiks fuk up heaps and the pit pros are ok still fk up though. what u rekon?

im gona buy my mates pit pro for $400 i think, thatll be easier, should i get a new frame so i can do jumps cos im gona make ramps for practise n stuff?

Any frame you buy for cheap isnt gunna stand you jumping it if your flat landing or if you just arent experienced. Take that cash and just get the frame u have reinforced. Theres a post somewhere about where to reinforce etc just do a search.

If you don't bottom out you wont damage the frame or engine, so really you can have a weak frame and very good suspension...

And just because the frame is strong its still a very bad idea to bottom out, you'll break the gearbox and other components.

On one of my older bikes I used to have a jump about 4 feet high and 15 feet long with a flat landing and after about 30 jumps I snapped my frame and broke the gear box.

i might just reinforce it myself couldnt be to hard id think, im not sure what im getin at the moment, i might be getin a proper thumsptar 125cc for $400 its auto but cheap so yeh and brand new.

I think you're best bet would be the PitPro for 400. they are very good for the price and if you look after it, I'm sure it'll do very well.

as others have said, just make sure it doesn't bottom out when you're jumping it. The latest pitpro's are extremely good and tough.

the suspension is fairly basic, but more than enough to have a lot of fun on.

good luck!

yeh thanks, well im gona have to see what happens i guess, i'll get back to ya's when i get the bike. i actualy wana make it good and do it up and stuff dont just wana fuk around with it until i get bored and then sell it like all the other people around this area.

me and my mate are also gona make a foam pit, ill weld it up and he'll get the foam n shit for free so shud be good.

Latest posts

Back