125cc semi auto whining noise. Please help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpstar Pro

Reaction score
Please help :-(
I recently purchased a 125cc chinese semi-automatic atv w/reverse for my dayghters birthday. The shop has a one year warranty but wont do anything because they cant replicate the noise. Here is the situation. The quad starts and runs great, once she has been riding for about 30 minutes and she is in 3rd gear going at a good clip, this very loud whining noise that almost sounds like gear wrap, or a gear being forced to go way faster than it wants to. When this happens the bike keeps going but my daughter has to give it more gas to keep it going at the same speed. It happens EVERY time we take the quad out so I am convinced that the guys at the shop are just letting it idle for a while and then trying to ride it to make it happen but that is not going to work, it has to be uner load for the initial ride or it wont do it.
Any help would be appreciated. She loves the quad but is now afraid to ride it.
Thanks! *
Ps I rode the bike anD when it warms up and makes the very loud whining noise it feels like the motor wants to lock up and the engine looses all power. It stops just before getting back to idle. Then is fine until you pick the revs back up Any help appreciated!

Latest posts

Back