125cc...?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_soccer423

Reaction score
hey guys..
im kinda new hear but wanna know if there is a major difference between a pit pro 125 air cooled and a pit pro 125 oil cooled?? performance wise ?? and also engine life ?? would u pay the extra??
thanks.

andy

I don’t have any experience with pitpro bikes but in general I would always run an oil cooler (dirt or motard), especially for motard where the bikes are held high in the revs for extended periods. The cooler helps with engine life by helping the oil not overheat

Saber

you can add a better cooler to either motor at any time coz if its one of those billet style coolers I dont think they help at all so atleast get a decent cooler.

i wouldn't pay the extra, as the alloy coolers they supply wouldn't offer much cooling prosperity's, id have to get a bar and fin cooler as i know they would work much better as opposed to the bulky alloy ones

Last edited:
The alloy (brick style) ones certainly aren’t as efficient as a 'radiator' style one but the radiator style ones once filled with mud become less efficient than a brick they are also more fragile. So it comes down to what sort of riding you plan to do. I prefer the radiator style for motard because of the increased cooling effect but my forest bike has a brick because sometimes I ride in some extreme mud conditions, the brick is also less susceptible to damage for example, sticks, rocks etc. If I’m miles from home reliability becomes a real consideration.

Saber

yeah mainly motard riding.. so can i get like a pit pro 125 and add on a fadiator to it ?? how hard is it ??

andy
thx..

For Motard I would defiantly recommend a radiator style one. How difficult it is to fit will depend a little on the one you get, some have screw in fittings some have a bit where the oil line slides on and then has a hose clamp either can be fitted it’s just a matter of getting the right lines/fitings to suit (most come with some lines/fitings). Generally speaking bigger is better but remember that it has to fit example to wide etc. here in QLD one rider has fitted twin coolers, one in front of the other, this is on a 160cc bike they seem to get a bit hotter than smaller motors.

Saber
PS: if the bike doesnt come with a cooler you will have to get a plate that fits to the head that has facility for oil line fittings most pit bike shops should be able to supply one

Last edited:
here in QLD one rider has fitted twin coolers, one in front of the other, this is on a 160cc bike they seem to get a bit hotter than smaller motors.

Running one cooler in front of the other seems rather pointless. I have seen twin mount coolers on either side of the tank which would be much more effective.

ExportWizard-1.png

we been runing twin oil cooler setups for a long time now useing both the billet and radiator styles setup

billet style return oil temp to motor is 75 on hot days
radiator style return oil temp to motor is 65 on hot days

below is a bike with twin radiator style setup

l_56a9b4c43ec0814ac90e6b93028764591.jpg

l_7fc25425b58fdb33a1310820455591e81.jpg

Latest posts

Back