125s-are they able to charge batteries?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_mate

Reaction score
hi
some of you may have read a while ago that i was going to put a chinese 125 on a pocket bike or mini r1 frame. are any of the 125s able to charge small batteries? i would think some are as some have electric start but i'm not sure. i'm planning on running headlights and maybe some other accessories if possible.

cheers
chris

Yes there are electric start ones, run head lights off magneto.

i think it depends if they come with all the extra goodies horn,electric start,key start etc etc

all depends, if they have a altinator then most proberly they will, but my 110cc in my quad dosent charge the battery by itself for somereason?

all depends, if they have a altinator then most proberly they will, but my 110cc in my quad dosent charge the battery by itself for somereason?

my mate has an old yamaha 80 like that. at idle the horn is a small buzz and the brake light is really dull but when you rev it the lights go bright and the horn screams.
maybe i won't bother with a battery/elec start and w/e as they add weight.

I think most pitbike motors come with the light coil to be able to charge batteries you just need the charge regulator, my thumpstars motor had all the gear in it, i didn't know until i took it out for the innor rotor kit..

adobeuserar8.gif

driftbarpg2.png

Latest posts

Back