138cc Internal work

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodytod

Reaction score
Well my motor is a little smokey on start.. so im guessing the rings are shot.. so i just called a local shop and looked into getting a new piston and rings put in... i spoke to him abotu what my options are.. and i think i will be looking towards the follwing

HI comp race TDR piston & rings etc
big rev cam
valve springs.

i already have got the 30mm carby, IRK, hi performnace coil and 8.8mm spitfire lead.

he was saying that all this extra work will me my motor pretty darn fast and also rather bullet proof if i maintain the motor well..

all this will cost around 300 bucks if they do the work..

what you guys think of that..?? any good??worth getting all of it ?

let me know

goody

Don´t waist so much cash on that engine ...put some new valve seals in , new piston rings and sell that thing
Get a lifan 150 or an yx....better gone with that....my opinion!

If the 150 is out of the price range at least get a 140 barrel and piston kit and the cam and springs for the motor. Still will be around the $300 mark, i put the 140 in my bike not long ago and heaps more grunt than my 138 (127) kit.

well this bike will be my bike that i will be using while i build up my "tuff" bike.. which will either be running the 150 or the 160 motor... which i will be purrchasing in a couple of months.. so with this 138 i just wanna get it so it is right... so can people please respond to what i have been quoted up the top and gimme me some feeedback

It was quoted on your topic as far as I see...so what you want to hear ??That it is a awesome idea to spend so much cash on such a crappy engine??

im not sure why u think they are a crappy motor... before my motor got smokey it was either beating my mates 140s or staying next to them..

like i said i dont wanna buy a whole new motor as i will be doing that soon when i get the 150 bike all built up..

Latest posts

Back