138cc lifan with oil cooler

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysons_201

Reaction score
I got offered a 138cc lifan with oil cooler and lines for $500+$40 shipping brand new. Do you think this is a good deal?

for just the engine, no.

Can get a lifan 125 for $250, Big bore it with high comp piston ($150max), oil cooler ($70max). And $30 for a set of grinding stones and sanding rolls for your dremel to port it.

End up with a 140cc high comp motor with oil cooler and ported head for $500.

if you can find somewhere which will bore an engine and install a high compression piston for $150 i'll have it done in a second.

does the 138 have an all up shift drum and clutch on mianshaft(start in any gear) if so the 138 is a better motor than the 125 .The 138 is easy to fit inner rotor kit, and the 125 is hard to get all up shift drum for and the caseings are weacker.I have owned both 125 and 138,if the 138 is the one based on the super 120 with r stage head just bigger piston and barrel and an inner rotor kit fitted(kitaco) and jetting sorted it should be good for 13.4hp at rear wheel(have seen dyno tests), than give it a good cam , exhaust , port head and a few other little things the skyes the limit. The 138 is a great motor and for $500 with oil cooler thats a good deal, i know some people are selling these for $650 and selling heaps. This is just my appion, hope this helps

yeah the 138 has the all up shift drum and starts in any gear.
Does anyone know the model number of the 138cc motor? i looked on lifans site and couldnt find the motor.
Does anyone have a good source to buy these engines cheap?

tysons_201 said:
if you can find somewhere which will bore an engine and install a high compression piston for $150 i'll have it done in a second.

piston = ~$100

bore job = ~$40

"piston = ~$100

bore job = ~$40"

pretty much, speak to no fear about a piston and your local machinest/engineer, mechanic or bike store. They should be able to help you or send you in the right direction...

Still would like a motor to start in gear. pisses me off trying to find neutral all the time.

start in any gear does help when you are racing and you put it down(yes this does happen to ever one even the best riders) and you have 12 other bikes beathing down your throat, thats when start in gear is better than finding neuteral by the time you do that its pretty hard to catch the rest of the pack again(ever second counts when you are on the track)

It's not sad not being able to find neutral. Sometimes it goes straight in but on my bike when i'm not moving and its in 1st gear and i try click it up to neutral it won't go up at all not even into 2nd. I find the easiest way is when rolling along in 2nd and click down softly and i find it everytime. But it is quite hard on my bike when not moving when the engine is running. When the engine is off it makes it easier but is still a bitch.

if your struggling just let the clutch slip a lil and go again. you will find as the engine wears in the gears will become easier to grab.

so you would rather come last in a race and still be finding netural, than hold the clutch in kick it over and start racing again?

Latest posts

Back