14 inch BBR rims, are they any good ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick 50

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,
Just want to know if anyone uses the BBR rims on there pittty,s

I am sick of the cheap pimpit industries chinga brand rims buckling on me and i would like to know if anyone uses BBR rims and of course tell me if they have had any rims buckle on them ,
cheers in advance , Rick

I have always used Excel wheels on all of my bikes coz they have always been good to me. I havent tried the BBR wheels but they do look the goods.

Do you currently have the chinga wheels with the billet hubs? I have heard that those wheels have had some problems with there strength. Also do u still have the standard suspension on ur Pitpro and if so does it bottom out? When suspension bottoms out it puts the wheels under alot more stress and if the tyres are not at a correct pressure then this adds even more stress to the wheel.

Good quality brand name wheels such as Excell Takasago, BBR and Two Brothers Racing are not cheap compared to the chinga copies but as they say ''You get what u pay for''.

Im not sure who stocks those wheels in Australia coz I always buy from overseas. Here is a few links to the US stores I know stock them and ship to Australia at very reasonable prices and the AU dollar is very good at the moment so the exchange rate is great:D

Pit Bike/Mini Wheels and Tires

Pit Bikes :Thumpstar, SDG, Sikk, MX & SSR: Pit Bikes Xt Power Sports

what about the cnc billet ones on ebay???

Yes , i bought a set of billet hub jobbies from pimpit industries from ebay and i have gone through 2 front rims so far ,
the standard alloy pitpro ones were fine in the nine months i had em on there they never buckled ,
they went on my sons bike when i got the billet jobies from pimpit ,
i did have a DNM mt rc shock on the rear and i have reworked the stock front forks , also running maxima 5 weight oil in em as well ,
and they dont bottom out ,

Yes i was just looking at locos site in regards to bbr rims ,when i was on ozpitbikes site
i was also looking at smpro rims as they look the goods too

i was only asking about the BBR rims as there is some on ebay in the states for $60.00 USD and they work work out to be around $60.00 cheaper than the sm pro rims from kaos 50's ,
thanks for the replys , cheers , Rick

i have reworked the stock front forks , also running maxima 5 weight oil in em as well ,
and they dont bottom out ,

Yes i was just looking at locos site in regards to bbr rims ,when i was on ozpitbikes site
i was also looking at smpro rims as they look the goods too

i was only asking about the BBR rims as there is some on ebay in the states for $60.00 USD and they work work out to be around $60.00 cheaper than the sm pro rims from kaos 50's ,
thanks for the replys , cheers , Rick

Are they from oregonmoto and do you know if they are genuine BBR? Because if they are genuine BBR then Locomx should match or beat that price coz thats what they advertise. $60 is a great price coz most places sell them at over $100.

Well since u mentioned it im guessing u have seen the 10% discount Locomx.com is offering to OZ PITBIKE - home members on all there products

Last edited:
hey I thump ,
yer thats the seller alright ,
picture is advertising them in the original BBR packaging so i guess they would be original ,
Just waiting back on an answer in regards to if they are a 32 spoke rim ,

and yes i had a good look at locos , they have some pretty good stuff and there prices are pretty good ,

Latest posts

Back