140 freestyle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThumpstarBoy

Reaction score
hey,

well id like to know how to setup my 140xr for freestyle.

Ive got tapers already and ive re-oiled the forks so ive got them sorted.

im thinking footpegs now?

no need for foot pegs or foot bar as they come with descent ones already and mine havnt bent going over 50ft, a descent sprocket setup for quick bursts and put in around 15-30 mls of extra oil over the stock ammount that you removed from the forks, i hope you put in some descent 15 watt sylkolen or motul fork oil, and just adjust your chain so it has a bit of slack, dont wna snap your chain on your first bottom out

hey pitproxr,

im interested in some pics .
btw how much mls did you put in each fork?
what fork oil did you use?
im interested in your setup as you sound like your really pushing the bike.
also did the oil slinger make a difference?

paid $1300 for it delivered with tapers and uni filter
put the oil slinger and race cdi on and added a fair bit more power, power putdown was completly differant over the whole range
i always use sylkolen 15wt fork oil as it has a good compound and isnt realy to heavy overall.
yer the bike goes pretty hard, kains over everyone else i no that has pitties and the 150 models
suspension holds up good for standard
if you wont to no any other specs for setup just pm ey

eyy mate.

well what ive done on a simular bike to a 140xr is Pro taper bars,Billet footpegs,DHZ Strong Peg mount.

After that it should handle the beating.

I can't say how much i appreciate that DHZ strong peg mount.Ive flat landed a 30ft and its handled it.

id be more woried about my legs than the peg mounts when im flat landing 30 foot!

30 foot flat land, wouldnt be worried about your foot pegs, more bout your frame and stem

It wasnt a flat land from a ramp guys.

It was a dirt jump and the side of the hill was the downy and i didnt make it.

Its smooth jump so it wasnt a hard landing

Latest posts

Back