140 or 250? What would u get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstevo

Reaction score
Ok I've got about $1200 to spend on a bike. I weigh about 85kg and am thinking about something with some decent power that's not gonna fall apart on me. I tossin up between an MSO 140S, or SR or maybe even a Pro depending on MSO or a G4 Hummer or a PitPro SX 250.

I've heard many a good things about the G4, PitPro mentioned as fairly quality bikes and MSO as being top-of-the-line for Minis.

But I'm lookin for some decent power that I'm not sure a 140 could deliver... whats the difference between the 140 MSO bikes? Is it just the suspension? Like I mean do they all have the same 140cc engines?

Although a 140 would be alot funner I suppose weighing a little more than half that of the G4 and PitPro, the power issue is holding me back.

What do you all reckon? What would yous do? How do the PitPro SX 250s compare to the G4?

Is there like a 150 floatin around somewhere? PitPro has one dont they? Just curious.

Thanks all!!

Last edited:
get atomik nitrous 150cc, looks good, i would of bought it but i bought the 140cc and next week 150cc came out, and its got the race head on it aswell.

There are 2 very common 150cc horizontal engines, the Lifan and YX which in my opinion just comes down to personal choice as they are both good quality engines. Dont bother with the Atomik nitrous as they are half the price u wanna spend and about half the quality. I have found the 250cc chingas not very good and the power difference is very minimal in my opinion. I would reccomend either an Mso or if u are willing to spend $1500 then u cant beat the Pimpit 150cc.

A PimPit? is that a typeo?

Im thinking an MSO, it'll be doin the odd jump at the track and I dont really wanna be smashin myself when it bottoms out so it has to have reasonable suspension. And the MSOs are built to a quality standard but they dont come in the 150 variation...

And ya reckon the 250 won't have that much over a 150? I'm not real interested in top end speed, more pickup and torque in bottom end but it can't be a slug...

More opinons pleaseeee

Does the additional power of a Lifan/YX 150cc out-weigh the overall quality of an MSO 140 Pro? Is that quality worth the extra funds for an MSO?

I'm honestly thinking the MSO but a few peeps have posted that the power increase in the YX is unbelievable...

A PimPit? is that a typeo?

Im thinking an MSO, it'll be doin the odd jump at the track and I dont really wanna be smashin myself when it bottoms out so it has to have reasonable suspension. And the MSOs are built to a quality standard but they dont come in the 150 variation...

And ya reckon the 250 won't have that much over a 150? I'm not real interested in top end speed, more pickup and torque in bottom end but it can't be a slug...

More opinons pleaseeee

For bottom end around a track then id definatly go the 150cc over the 250cc chingas. Light and quick and there are many mods u can do for more power and torque. The pimpit has a choice of Fastace or DNM rear shock and the front forks have rebound and compresion adjustments and look decent (but I am yet to test them but will soon). Also the frame is a twin tube trellis cradle so as for jumps on the track it will handle them quiet easily. So no that wasnt a typo, why would u think that?

Cause I searched Google and it only came up with Pimp It clothing :rolleyes:

What ya reckon of the overall quality of a 150 YX compared to an MSO 140 Pro? Does it quality outweigh the power? I'm wanna do track jumps and a bit of trail but I'm not gonna be going 20 foot high or nuthin so I dont need top of the line suspension, would prefer the extra power, but the service and build quality has stuck in my head...

mso make great bikes, im about the same weight as you and the 140s pulls me around sweet as! plenty of power and you can always mod it for a bit more hp

How quick does it pull ya around though? I'm thinkin of a 150 now just for that extra bit of go? can ya pop it in 3rd or is that askin a bit too much? :)

What performance mods are around?

go the 150cc man, dw got to much power witch is good, up to you how to control it

what would win in a race between a 250 and a 150 assuming the riders both weigh the same?

in a bottom, mid and top end race?

Its not just about the speed! Overall the chinga horizontal engine bikes are much better than the chinga vertical engine bikes.

Yeah I know a race in low, mid and top end would be a race between torque, acceleration and speed... overall engine quality

kind of silly actually... but i'm startin to understand that the horizontals are better

out of the two choses id be buying the mso... ;)
those 250s dont do it for me and if i was even looking at getting a 250 it would be a big bike, rmz or kfx or something :)

thats just my opinion but thats based on that i love tiny bikes, if i was upgrading it would be to a genuine crf 50 so i could have a real small "fast fifty" but then again i haven't really cought onto the whole 140 stage of things at the moment and don't take much of a liking to them id love a 110 if i could find one :p

thats just me, im silly :)

Latest posts

Back