140cc lifan kick start problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im getting a bit confussed with this now. ha!

Right guys, heres the choice. What would you pick. I have a 110cc lifan (ok condition but bits of paint off etc) that came with my Demon bike but i also have a lifan 140 (better condition also).

Right heres the choice, 3rd gear on 110 mashed so new gearbox, or........ go for thr 140cc but replace the kick start gears. Which would be harder and which would be more expensive?

Been quoted £25 for kick start gears.

lifan 140 cheaper, easier & easier to find the parts needed. or just roll start it

Am i right in saying quite high compression in this 140 though? and a bit of a pig to roll start? Also need instruction on how to change kick start gears,

there is no instruction when it comes to splitting the cases and playing around in there, if you do it just take photos of every step you take so you can remember exactly how it all goes together. Bulldog has promised a guide to engine tear down, lets just hope he gets a better camera tho.
this is only thing I've found that resembles an engine tear down guide YX140 Engine Split

and yea you're right the 140 isn't the easiest thing to roll start, but the 140 is most definatly the engine you should fix

there is no instruction when it comes to splitting the cases and playing around in there, if you do it just take photos of every step you take so you can remember exactly how it all goes together. Bulldog has promised a guide to engine tear down, lets just hope he gets a better camera tho.
this is only thing I've found that resembles an engine tear down guide YX140 Engine Split

and yea you're right the 140 isn't the easiest thing to roll start, but the 140 is most definatly the engine you should fix

No can do there DvDRip haha. I'm useing mums camera phone:(

Definently fix the 140, it'll be soo much cheap and less hassel. If its the gears where you take of the clutch cover than its no problem (I'll be taking the clutch cover and all the gears inside off tonight:)). Def use the guide for now becuase it does help...Helped me take the rockers out of the head last night:eek: (poped the cheery for dismantling the head).

Yeah my kick start gears are kaput. Also the shaft the middle cog comes from? Think this is the gearbox. Is snapped at the end. I would love to repair this engine and get it running in my bike but.....(and theres always a but) money isnt tight i just cant spend too much on this bike, ( got a 4 month old boy to look after) (oo yeh and a wife :O) but my bike is a demon 110 so if i put a 140 in, the plastics say 110. And my 110 engine has the demon logos all over it. My 1 40 just says lifan, ha.

Got my stator/sprocket cover back last night for bike all nice n sprayed in satin matt black with a bit of a shine on it. Will be getting the 110 painted.

Also guys, i know this aint the right thred to put it on but what do you think value of my 110 is?

Its a 110 demon dx series, it says special edition on plastics but dont know if it is or not.

Got a 26mm carb on it.
Big bore exhaust,(think its 30mm internal bore. nae sure.
Its got a 1000lb nit spring,
Sdg 14inch front and sdg 12 inch back.
Sdg razor discs front and back with that gold looking brakes(not sure what make).
Has a performance cdi on there,
ngk spark plug and lead.
the usual gold chain (again got this with bike not sure what make).
Got a low seat on it, dont like this high rise seats, i like the older bikes with the curve seats.
It has a better stator plate on it too, (from another 140cc).

Again sorry if anyone is anoyed by this post here, to be honest little bit lazy today,

it's hard to tell what it's worth without a picture of it, but if the engine was running i'd say about $400 or $500 max. get pics up if you want a real value

Ok there is a few bits still got left to spray, will get some pics ater all done. couple of days away i think

hey devily I had to replace my kickstart gears yesterday and I made a vid of how to do it <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9v2tz1tuAg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9v2tz1tuAg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kool dude aint been on here in a few days, can you send me link to vid? i cant view at work but can do at home, yeah im pretty sure i need new gearbox also. havent done gearbox change before, do i really need to get new gaskets if they look ok?

also i seen in halfords that i can buy gasket sealer in a tube which harders or some thing like that, may have been slighty drunk when in halfords at the time. would this work as good?

oh yeah forgot to say guys, i finished getting bike resprayed, looks mint and amazing, and some f***** kinda broke into my shed and sprayed a bit of my bike white with my own paint when i was at work, live in remove country side and no one admiting it, means respray for whole back of bike including, new tyre and sprocket and back disc

YouTube - How to fix broken Kick start gears, Lifan 140, Pit Bike engine if you don't break the the gasket you can re-use it, when splitting the case just crack it open about 5mm then go around the edge with a razor blade to make the sure the gasket isn't stuck to the case. I wouldn't use liquid gasket on the case incase it wrecks the clearance.

sorry mate but I lol'd about some dude breaking in and spraying your bike, instead of taking it out and flogging the guts out of it :D

only little kids though , like 5 year olds. Its ok, i spoke to their dad, lets just say i wasnt very happy, he obviously says it wasnt them. I just make sure i thrash it past their house with my big bore :D might even flick some mud their way when i get bike out today. If brakes work, haha.

I tested the bike a few weeks ago without brakes, kinda popped a wheelie forgeting how much power it had and thought in mid wheelie, well im up a shit creek with no brakes here. Damn

Latest posts

Back