140cc wiring help needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulhenry

Reaction score
Hi guys. I know that there is plenty of threads and YouTube videos about this topic but I still can't seem to get it right. It doesn't help that I am not sure what brand motor I have either. There are no markings on it other than 140cc. I'm sure that thumpstar motors would have it stamped on them somewhere.

I can't seem to get any spark after attaching what wires I can work out.
From my engine I have a blue and white, green, green and red , black and red, and a red and white.

I've joined the blue and white to blue and white and green to green. I think the green and red is another earth that isn't needed if not running lights or battery / electric start? Sound about right?

I assume that I the black and red joins the black and red. I have no idea where the red and white wire goes.

I've attached a photo of the wires as they come out of the engine. The black and red and red and white are connected to the white plug but I don't know what or if they plug into anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Paul.

Attachments

• 20170123_101516.jpg
    20170123_101516.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170123_103141.jpg
    20170123_103141.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20170123_103029.jpg
    20170123_103029.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
Wow! 75 veiws and no replies. I must of gotten the only one of these engines ever made. Haha. I googled gongyu as written on the side of the motor and came to the conclusion that they are an XY motor but I still haven't seen the same wiring set up. I read somewhere that a guy wired the red and white wire into the blue and white wire and was able to get a weak spark. I'm not sure if that sounds right? Any ideas?

I ended up wiring the unknown red/white wire into the blue and white wire and was able to get a weak spark. The motor sounds like it might kick over but I can't get it to. Out of curiosity, where could I pour some fuel into the carby to hopefully get her to fire up? I've tried a little into the top where the throttle screws in but it wouldn't start. Is a weak spark enough to get her to fire up?

Wow!!! Thanks for all of the great feedback and suggestions. Might be time to give the China riders forum a go.

I have always put gas into the rear of the carb where the air breather attaches

Cheers chump84. I'll give that a try. I also sent you a pm. thanks again.

Latest posts

Back