185cc GILFAX MONSTER MOTOR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkfinch23

Reaction score
hey guys, i am new one here. not new to minis and especially not new to motors. i just thought that i would share one of my motor builds with everyone. it is 185cc lifan gpx mix. i have posted a few pics of the motor as it should be going together towards the end of next week. here is the rundown:
lifan cases
bored and clearanced for stroker crank
rem treated and backcut transmission
lightened oil sling
irk
manual cam chain tensionor
resleeved cylinder bored to 60mm
65.5mm stroke crank
custom cam chain
custom mega cycle cam
30mm titanium intake valve w/ custom berillium seat
25mm stainless steel exhaust valve alloy 25 seat
custom single spring setup for valves
titanium retainers and keepers
lightened rocker arms
custom intake
30mm lectron carb
and a whole lot of port shaping

one of the pics will show a 56mm piston laying in the cylinder. this is not my biggest motor. i have a 200cc beast in the works as we speak. thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 210
very nice
if u dont mind me asking wat wouyld it set me back for u to build me that exact same engine to exact same sp4ecs as theres allways room for more CC's

looks good but only one thing, the cylinder bore does look very thin in wall thickness. what is the actual wall thickness rkfinch ?

Haha pitbike mullisha i reckon it would cost you minimum $5000

Welcome to the site dude, ive been following some of your threads on these insane engine builds over there at planetminis and i have to say u are a true pioneer of building these engines to these extremedies, there fucken unreal. keep us posted on the 200cc beast.

hay mate, thats some killa hardware right there. as rdracing said, whats the wall thickness from cylinder?? looks mean none the less and really should get up and go. whats something like this costing you to build mate??

Cheers, Tony.

P.S: im still very impressed hahaha :D

Hey Kenny, great to see you on this site and I was very disapointed that you had been given a temporary holiday at Planetminis. I love looking at the pics of your builds and reading about your next project etc etc.. In particular I've loved seeing the few ported head photos you've shown to try and get an idea on port shape etc.. since I'm REALLY new to the whole black art of porting.

Keep up the good work and dont give up.

Cheers
Andrew

looks sick bro how much this costing you and do you do your own bore work

hey, guys thanks for the comments. i do all the basic machine work, boring, and case boring etc....... i could build a motor close to this, say 170cc range for around $3000... not saying i'm selling them as a vendor here just giving you $ amount for referance. at 60mm the sleeve is pushed close to the limit, it's sitting at .038'' at the skirt, it will work. we have 3 in house NHRA drag racing teams so doing this stuff is easy and doable for me. i have a bunch of pics i can load up, and have seen a few of you before on different sites, so hello again.

Last edited:
Hey Finch, what sort of HP figures do you expect from this 185cc motor ?

Rkfinch, me and my bro have an old Genuine 125cc thumpstar engine, we were gonna do an engine build to 160cc, I think i might be sending it over you to work your skills on next year sometime. If your up 2 it of course.

i'm doing a 160 build right now, it will be for sale. it's a gpx all up trans. it is a 58.5mm bore and 59.5 stroke....... with the works

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 130
Glad you didn't just disappear altogether rk, I was think'in we'd all be kept in suspenders till next year...
Three questions...
1 what are you aiming for in the custom camming
2 have you lightened the stock rockers or some other higher quality ones and
3 exactly what tricks and things to watch out for have you figured out since first fitting oversize valve seats.

My question finch is how long does a china transmission that fails with 8 hp into it last with 20hp going through it ? I love reading your threads and checking out the horsepower war you and faatcat have. When are yu going to let us know how far you can go with a honda motor?

rkfinch , one and the same off planetmini's ?

Nice work by he way, allways admire seriours efforts on the china based motors.

adobeuserar8.gif

driftbarpg2.png

Latest posts

Back