190cc stalls

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmoore

Reaction score
Hi fellas

Daytona 190cc, sat for a year or more....fresh fuel, carby cleaned....starts alright but only idles for about 3 seconds, while its running it still revs nicely but can't seem to run for longer than about 3 seconds regardless?

so once it stalls will it start up again fine but only for a few seconds??

Hey Ant, yeah that's correct, starts easy after stalling but will stall again in a few seconds

have you checked all the electrics and wires? ive had same issues caused by a loose connection or faulty killswitch. the 2 prongs on the coil not having proper connection is a problem ive had a few times, aswell as rust on the plate inside the killswitch causing it to allow the bike to start but shut it off pretty much straight away.
i'd also check valve clearances if you haven't.

check all the electrical connections like mv24 said and wouldn't hurt to use a new spark plug if you have 1..

Cheers for the advice guys :), i think it's actually due to an improperly cleaned carby as I kind of rushed cleaned them out of excitement to get the motor runnig

Latest posts

Back