1970 Honda Trail 90 "CT-90" Engine Swap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToXiKAvEnGeR

Reaction score
Was wondering the FASTEST BIGGEST engine i can fit in my bike. The bike is stripped Primmered and awaiting ebp "SI BLUE" From honda. Just want some suggestions. If money was not an option.... What would you put in your ct-90. I hear to go with lifan.. Are they a good comapny? Please someone out there.. HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Well you might have to do minor fabrication to fit a China motor in although it may bolt straight in, the most cost effective and best bang for buck at the moment is probably a Motovert Outlaw motor at $999, although you could buy a Lifan for about $300 and get a 140cc kit, inner rotor kit, Crower G2 cam, get the head ported but this will probably end up over the price of the Outlaw if you can't do the work yourself.

But being unrealistic, you mentioned "if money is no object"

I think I'd get a Takegawa DOHC or Kitaco thats if you can afford $5000 on a motor.

Last edited:
I think I'd get a Takegawa DOHC or Kitaco thats if you can afford $5000 on a motor.

LoL! Dave's race bike (he owns scoot around here in adel, thumpy dealer) has a outlaw 140cc in it, and it beats the $5k engines all day long, kinda funny.

Was wondering the FASTEST BIGGEST engine i can fit in my bike. The bike is stripped Primmered and awaiting ebp "SI BLUE" From honda. Just want some suggestions. If money was not an option.... What would you put in your ct-90. I hear to go with lifan.. Are they a good comapny? Please someone out there.. HELP ME!!!!!!!!
Other than the motor check this out:
http://dratv.com/ct.html

Back