1978 rm 125c Build Thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwebx

Reaction score
Not much content yet but i think i got a gem for the price i made a video about the bike to kick off the project
[video=youtube;OrU1hxggB2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrU1hxggB2s&feature=youtu.be[/video]
the reason i embed it here and not on /videos/ is because this is going to be my build thread with photos and stuff like that bur have a video every now and again

for the people that cant/dont want to watch the video here is the condition of the bike:
have got the top end off and happy to find a good looking piston (0.25 over) but knackard rings no issues i already have some rings in.. gudgeon pin and needle roller are worn so they need replacing.... cant get genuine gudgeon pin so i will have to get a aftermarket one from alphasports also the carby has a new slide and is looking all good
the bike was running stong untill i decided to change out the gearbox oil and added the correct ammount then it would not run... so i am going to replace the crank seals and see if that makes a big differance

Some new developments 1st
I have a crank case leak into the gearbox making my oil milky and makes it hard to start the bike... time to break the cases open and have a look at the overall condition of the internals because the crank seal on the righthand side is before the bearing therefor making it impossible to flick the seal out without splitting the cases.. oh well...
i may be able to use the current case gasket because all the gaskets i am upto so far look pretty new but i will probably just dump the new ones in that i will have in my $300 parts box coming from alphasports (airfilter crank seals,head gasket, base gasket, gudeon pin and need roller (small end of cause)
Will post pics and or a video as i go

it does, but it gives me a good reason to inspect the gears and whatnot the 1st time i took this bike for a ride i rode her for 1 full tank non stop and noticed the milky oil so i was hoping that it had just been left outside or somthing but it hasnt as because i put new oil in it and filled the bottom end up with fuel and sure enough it drained very very slowly into the gearbox

they wouldnt be able to paint another frame for some more beer would they?

Hows yours goin?? ive been tryin to get mine running but the carby is rooted. and kick start lever is about stripped! so im in 2 minds to strip the engine down and look over it!
Could you still get all the gaskets??

Latest posts

Back