• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1978 rm 125c

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwebx

Reaction score
ITEM AND CONDITION: Comes with motor also, its stripped down but not split it needs new crank seals and that was the only reason i was going to strip it
Piston comes with new rings and looks like its hardly done any work
needs a new small end bearing and gudgeon pin
gearbox worked fine when it was running
Crank is in perfect condition/but i would replace bearings while at it
<insert text="" here="" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(242, 246, 248);">

PRICE, PAYMENT METHODS AND TERMS OF SALE: 500 cash pick up only
<insert text="" here="">

REASON FOR SELLING: A project i have no real need for when complete
<insert text="" here="">

EXTRA INFO: clutch, primary gear and whatnot has all looked great with no play in the basket or anything
<insert text="" here="">

LOCATION AND CONTACT DETAILS: Melbourne PM me im on here quite a bit
<insert text="" here="">

PICTURES: </insert></insert></insert></insert></insert>Untitled.png

oh man your selling it!!! and thats a wicked price id be all over that if i was closer :(

Thats just what i was advised on ozvmx, a dude is coming to see it tonight i would have liked to see 800 for it

in side i want to hide it change my name and never sell it.. my 1st time selling a big bike

i will never part with mine even tho mine needs heaps of work at the moment! people are selling pe175's sames years for $1000 in as condition!

haha i would like to see it stay in my grasp.. if i was working right now i would not sell it and i would have new crank seals in it

Shes gone, :'( But as i was loading up one of my neighbors offered me a 85 kx125 freshly rebuilt (as i was loading up the rm and blabbing to the bloke how i wanted a monoshock hence the sale) for nice and cheap (and hes going to fix 3rd gear) its funny how these things go

dirtbikes got fun around the mid eighties. Wish i still had my 85 rm125, when you kept it on the pipe it was sooooo much fun to ride/race. Heres a pic at broadford a few years back, last time it saw the track with me on it

Yeah hopefully i will get some use out of this one, its also rec reg'd with lights all working and whatnot.. not that its a good trail bike imo (hard to climb some hills without correct gearing) it will still be great fun.. also then i can have a go at the big track at frankston mx and it opens my riding capabilities also..
ill prolly keep it till the conrod gets sloppy
i have ridden yz80's from this era.. great fun no bs bike snap on with the power none of this 'smoothing of the band' just as much power as you can pump out and when you can does not matter :p

Last edited:
I had 2 x CR 480's, you wanna talk about powerrrrrrrrrrr? I first went from a YZ 80J to a CR 480, hahaha, big eye opener. HAd heaps of 80's and early 90" model Cr 125's and 250's as well. Ahhh the memories.

I would still own an 88 or 89 CR 250 today.

Latest posts

Back