1P55FJM vs 1P56FJM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50's_feind

Reaction score
Hi All was wondering about a few things i have recently built a bike and was wondering if it worth me buying a 1P56FJM as i currently run a 1P55FJM and ppl have been telling me that the gearbox is of better quality

there is a realy interesting thread somwhere discussing the differences between the 2 engines, ill see if i can find it for ya!

its the kickstart gears i think thats the only difference they are stronger or somthing

if i am correct which dont hold me to this case i dont rkn i am but these are the same engine its just that one has a bigger bore

if i remember correctly it goes something like this:
1P56FJM
1P=1 piston
56=56mm bore
FJM= now that bit had abit of debate and cant remeber what it exactlly ment :D

hoped it helped a lil

yet was chatting to guru swarmy yesterday about putting a high comp piston in my jailing to compliment the cam
he suggested a mild race piston as the full comp race piston makes the bike hard to start and puts heaps of pressure on the kick start gears
as was the problem with the 55

i think

^^the 55 im pretty sure!

yeah, the 56 is advertised to have stronger kikstart gears but there the same as the 55, its just the 56 has less compression. and as long as you know how to kick your bike properly, its not a problem!

The 1p56 isn't a lifan from what i hear.
That is why Maylands Performance don't call it a lifan in the description. I remember somebody telling me it was one of those YX engines or something.

The 56 is a YX engine and they are a better motor than the 55 in my opinion as a stock item. With only mild head work cam good carb and pipe they make great power. We use the 56 for our comp base motors as they are almost stock and quite reliable. We use better clutches as they can slip a bit with a few extra ponies, but thats the only issue weve had so far other wise the 56 is better than the 55 in my opinion. But if your going to work them its splitting hairs unless your going full house. We have had a couple of 55's make great power and hold together really well with 58mm bore kits and lots of top end work. The power from the kitted 55 is awsome. We havent fitted a big bore to the 56 yet we have one here waiting to go when we get the time. The other bonus with the 56 is its lighter than the 55.

Latest posts

Back