2.15 rims with AS02?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worm

Reaction score
Anyone use this setup?

I have AS02 front forks and am about to purchase my wheels. I want to get the 2.15 rims of DHZ but I read that the triple clamps on the AS02 arent wide enough so the tyres (110 or 120) dont fit AT ALL.... the only option is to purchase wider triple clamps.. which I dont want to do.... I would rather use 1.85 rims...

Has anyone had this problem?

no_crf50_here is running as02's with 2.15 rims i believe
but i think he is running the chinese tyres aswell

Do these help?
Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Last edited:
what are the measurements of those tyres??
90x90-12?
i had to fit wider tripples when i went to 2.15's with a continental twist up front wich is 110/90-12

haha, JUST fit.....

Yeah what tyre size...
The distance between the two front fork tubes is about 110mm on AS02's... so i guess a 100 tyre would fit...

Might even go a 2.15 rear and 1.85 front....

Hey ducar, where and how much was the wider triple clamps?

i had the tripples sitting her5e wich ironicly i got for free the day befor i fitted new wheels
hey presto
lol!

ok, rim fitment should not really be an issue. What will change the whole thing will be the size tyre you run.

In Petes picture above he is running Kenda 90/90-12 tyres
The normal size in your "race" tyres is 100/90-12 front
alot of the scooter tyres are 110/90-12 like ducars conti front

Now if you have another look at Petes pictures above you will notice that the bit of the fork the tyre is closest to is actually the fork guard, made of plastic, can be removed or altered. With the 100/90-12 TT92 on my bike it is a close fit and will hit the fork guards sometimes, this is easily fixable by simple pulling hard outwards on the top of the fork guards to give the clearance. You can also either remove them or cut a clearance gap to allow the tyre to fit.

If you are still really unsure and need a definite yes or no we may be able to do a wheel swap and tell you for certain but that will be using my front wheel with a Dunlop 100/90-12 TT92 and will be a week or so until it can be done.

Cheers spoon

Yeah, wheels will fit easy, tyres wont. The distance between the forks tubes (without fork guards) is around 110mm...soooo.... 100mm tyre should fit...Do the bridgestone tyres come in 100? Ill try check. But I know for sure 120tyres WONT fit without wider triple clamps.

bridgestone doesn't make bt601's anymore they're discontinued

oh and adfast isnt importing dunlop tt92's anymore either so u have to get them from america

What the... Shit man, that sux.
I wonder if there is a tyre better than the pilot sport that is easy to obtain. Cause pilot sport is fair ghey compared to the bridgies... bah

u cant try continental twist
im running 1 on the front of my bike
i like it
issue is that they only come in 110 wide so ......
but at $40 i cant complain

i have a 2006 motovert 125 and im currently running the kenda tires, and ive just bought some new dunlop tt92's

front 100/90 - 12

rear 120/80 - 12

im gonna put them on tommorow but im fairly sure the rear wont fit on as the bike has an a frame swinga, i hope it does fit cos it will be awesome

will post pics if i clear it

has any1 else ran these tires with the a frame swinging arm.

sorry rainey no idea if the rear will fit or not but just out of curiosity where did you get the tt92's from ?

I'm good for now but I know some people were trying to track them down and were not having any luck

my mate got 5 pairs of them dunno where from tho, it was threw total motorcycles down in Adelaide, but he gets them shipped from some shop in vic, so yer give him a call and yer see what he can do for ya..........

with the rear it all fits up but the chain rubs on the tire pretty bad, so i have had to sacrifice my rear brake to get it all lined up ,if it doesnt rub on the chain it rubs on the swinga, gonna go 4 a few rides without rear brakes to see how i go and then if i want them back on i will have to put some washers on the rear sprocket to give it a few mm's of clearance, not sure it will be enough.

ive only ridden motard 3 times and ive never used my rear brake, so its a chance im willing to take, its gonna look nuts with the big wheel with fuk all clearance hahaha

my front brakes are awesome so i reckon i will be fine.

Latest posts

Back