2-stroke with 4-stroke muffler

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
I have a suzuki tc185 and need an exhaust, i know it did not have one originally but I would like one. My question is can a four stroke muffler work with a 2-stroke or will I need to find a specific 2-stoke muffler or something?

you'l need a 2 stroke one. Gotta have an expansion chamber somewhere on it.

You don't have to :p

Gooseman, are you talking about an entire exhaust or just the muffler. If you're only talking about the muffler, you're going to find a 4t muffler won't muffle a 2t very well... Hunt around for a cheap one on ebay or pester a bike wrecker ;)

I have a suzuki tc185 and need an exhaust, i know it did not have one originally but I would like one. My question is can a four stroke muffler work with a 2-stroke or will I need to find a specific 2-stoke muffler or something?

yes mine seems fine man no problems yet but it smokes a lot more due to the packing I assume

You don't have to :p

Gooseman, are you talking about an entire exhaust or just the muffler. If you're only talking about the muffler, you're going to find a 4t muffler won't muffle a 2t very well... Hunt around for a cheap one on ebay or pester a bike wrecker ;)
i did the same thing with my 2t i had a muffler/silencer and the 4t muffler i way more quieter

yeah its only the muffler, so any muffler will work provided it fits my exhaust?

Chances are you'll lose a bit of back pressure using a 4t muffler, it might get you by if it's small enough... Best off hunting down a cheap 2t muffler though :)

Chances are you'll lose a bit of back pressure using a 4t muffler, it might get you by if it's small enough... Best off hunting down a cheap 2t muffler though :)

yeah man thats my idea im just saving for a new one

yeah, just found one aftermarket one for my bike so should not be a problem if I win it.

check the inner diameter of the muffler on ur bike and check the other diameter which the silencer is the pit bike muffler is 30mm or 3cm and i think this doesn't make sense sorry but the outer diameter is 30mm it should fit but if not you can always cut 2 slits and use a hose clamp

Latest posts

Back