200 Atomik Link 250cc Review.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomik-Rider140

Reaction score
2008 Atomik Link 250cc Review.

Hey guys, FIRST review so be kind :)

This is a review for the '08 model Atomik Link 250cc which i owned for about 3 weeks til selling it about a month ago.. I bought this to test out and see if it was worth keeping..

The 08 Link comes with a pretty gutsy 250cc OHC Loncin gen2 motor which i found a good suprise whilst owning a 140 at the time. Its more of a pitbike version of the 250, not a full size, just a mid size with the 17"/14" wheel setup and would be good for a learner stepping up to a 250cc.

The quality i found from the bike didn't come at a surprise from a Atomik, as they are renowned for there crap quality ;). Throughout the 'breaking in' process i experienced the stretching of the standard KMC Chain and the cheap knobbys chewing away by the minute riding it on the hard terrain as you would expect. Bolts also become an issue and be sure to use loctite to keep them in there.

Almost at the end of my 'breaking in' period (3 tanks) i changed the oil and i thought it was time to check out the top speed on this thing. I took it out for a run up my long deserted road which you could ride for the rest of your life without the cops catching you, and had a mate in front approximately recording the speed, not accurate but just an estimate and said it was capable of speeds between 90-97 km/h. i weigh 78kgs and 6'1, so it was better than i expected, i wonder what will happen if you chuck a mini 30kg maddison on her haha:D yew.

throughout my ownership i have a few pros and cons about the Link 250cc :
PROS:
- Great learners bike, good power and loads of fun, great for long rides with your mates as it has the top speed on your side.
- Exhaust has a nice deep sporty tone (28mm, with short muffler and NO spark arrestor), and for people who like the nice 'popping' sound when at de-acceleration (like a car with sports exhaust-unburnt fuel) good choice, alot of my mates liked the 'popping' sound to it.
- The Anodized colours make the bike a bit snazzy :p
- Good and stable jumper, light and yet has the power!
-5 speed is great when you know you have an extra gear, pops up nice wheel stands from 1st right through til 3rd power alone..
- Brakes pretty good. (single piston caliper)
CONS:
- Suspension a little too stiff (rear shock needed to be dampened, forks where stiff)
- Seat not the best, you seem to hit your jewels on the petrol tank when braking and seat to slim
-Frame seams to be built thin and weak but held up good
- Chain, levers, Grips bars..one word... CRAP!
- China Knobby Tyres weren't the best, a few rides on scenic empty bitumen roads and dirt roads seemed to go through them quickly.
- Plastics were starting to bend and crack easily, they were thin.

There may be more but they were main ones..

In conclusion i would recommend the Atomik Link for the riders who are probably stepping from the 125-140 pitbike and looking for a 250cc just to learn or for endless fun. Great for all types of riders, even impressed my bro-in-law who rides a 1100cc cruiser. Good value for money, around a $900-1100 budget would get you one, just make sure to take extra care a be prepared to spend a couple of hundred on it to upgrade the little things on her.
Oh and last answer.. was it worth buying, well not for me as i am more into the more reliable bike and not a learner, quite experienced now, but worth buying for a learner or someone to take out for a bit of a thump with there mates and doesn't mind spending a little more money.
Thanks for reading and im sure this will help alot of buyers out there and there Q's..
:)

Great review mate, it's exactly what we want to see/read. concise, to the point, honest and no emo-''my bike is awesome i dont care what you say"...
well done, it's good to see someone raise an honest review of the atomiks, and actually point out it has a few good points as well as bad.
Brava, sir. :)

Thanks thump. In the near future and when i get my bike sold (its costing me too much) i will be buying the new DHZ Dpro160 or the PitPro 160XR r-series FOR SURE! probably in the summer/new years time. I will then do another review on one of them and get into the mini's abit more, but my car has had an accident, bad tail and rear quarter damage and rego etc is coming and need my bike gone :(. I cant wait til i get my new DHZ, PitPro though :)

nice review mate

i have the atomik prox 250 2007 model and its fair good also have to change a few small parts to better quality ones but apart from that its awsome fun.. my brother just got a pit pro 140 bigfoot and damn its awsome but in my mopinion a little harder to ride than the atomik =)

cheers,
atomiks aren't as bad as people bag them out to be, im getting some more money saved now and want the blitz 250 and see what i can do with it, all my mates have motos now since i sold my other one and really want another so i can leave there lil 125s. im defs gonna start with the graphics (yz250 one industries) and then some headwork and new RK chain straight after

atomikrider once you get your blitz, go through my thread... everything you need to know about setting them up, modding them, which parts work, which dont etc is in there... hopefully by the time you have yours, i'll have the final piece of the puzzle sorted, namely a replacement for the rear shock...
Oh, and if you want some awesome rare-as YZF graphics, pm me, i'll give you a link... lots of sticker kits no one has seen before.... pure euro-trash stickers... not gay homo monster or rockstar blu-tac crap... ;)

haha cheers thump,
i wasnt thinkin of getting another rockstar kit, just a yamaha/one industries original or whatever..
i have been going through ur thread and the carby seems hard to do that is why ill leave that lol but ill go through it thoroughly when i get it for the best ideas, mods etc :)
pm me that link so i can have a browse, wont be long til i order the ol' 250
cheers

Latest posts

Back