$2000 what to get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiesel123

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have around 2g to spend on a mini.

I have always ridden big bikes (CR250) and pushed them to the limit. My CR had 3g of mods (not including the suspension)

So at home i have a 78 Z50J and its awesome fun. there the size of a mid bike i think (or maby inbetween)

so i have never ridden a REAL minibike/pitbike before .

I was looking at getting an 07 motovert pro (because of the frame on the 07 compared to the 08)

then i started to read that the engine gets realy hot etc. and the KLX member "mjc85's" has a KLX and said that there definately better tnan any china bike.

I will be hitting jumps and riding whatever i get hard.

I dont think a CRF50 would be large enough for me as im 6ft.

So basically what should i get? an 07 Motovert Pro of a KLX 110 (second hand for both)

I want relyablility. and a good bike to have some serious fun on.

thanks.

get the 07 motovert my mate got one the day they came in a year ago, its fully worked now and he has thrashed it for a year. tough bikes

KLX110 for shure mate hands down no questions asked! iv had a china mini and a china mid size and my new klx is so so much better to ride! awsome lil bikes

get my bike lol 05 thumpstar pro for $1500, top nic with many mods including Elka shock (real shock $550 worth)

What is the stock KLX110 like? I know the engine is good but what about the suspension ect? Just looks like a stock one would be easily breakable for me and alot of $$$ would have to be thrown at it to set it up and make it jumpable.

is a CRF70 the same as a KLX110? size (frame & wheelbase) engine performance?

CRF70 is 1067mm
KLX110 is 1065mm

The KLX is heavier than the CRF,

Seat heights are almost the same too,

Last edited:
people do mod crf70's but they have to be done properly with 1000's pumped into them to be good. if i was u with 2000 to spend i would be goin with a klx. thats my 2 cents ;)

get an apollo orion adr 125 pro they are awesome good and reliable most important is they are fun for around 1,250$ but its ur choice

if you are considering a china bike eg motovert pro , i would also consider a pitster pro x4 brand new for $2350 i have recently purchased one of these with the YX 150 motor and the bike comes with good suspension, good rims and tyres and stainless steel fasteners throughout the bike, also another option would be the dirtmax rogue 160 which retails for $1895 new but there is currently a special for it at $1495 check out the 50s brotherhood magazine for the advertisement,,, personally im a fan of the china bikes simply because they come with way better performance and engine capacity for much less $$$ than a lower capacity lower power honda/kawasaki, also the pitster pro and motovert come from the same factory but are marketed as two different brands, theres pics of my two pit bikes in my gallery one of mine is a 140 and does 85 km/h and the 150 does 90 km/h standard

If you are after a china consider the MSO sr ....should have won open imports at the SX MSO was in front and race was red flagged after a cinni rider got crunched ...second in countback ....also Rynno ran second at mini moto so it's competitive.... as for jumpin I've seen one go 50 off a full size ramp all day ....all this for 2g ..... It'll cost more alot than that to set up a klx I reckon second hand or not

bushywhip.jpg

And yeah everyone knows they have THE best after sales support in the game and Bushwacker and the team have been on the gas for years..:cool:

sick150 how can you recommend a bike when you didnt even know about an air filter? Stop posting useless comments that you cant back up with facts.

By the sound of it, if i get a china i must buy a heap of loctite! and replace some bolts!

...is that about it?

Latest posts

Back