2007 atomik prox 250cc for first bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kupkake

Reaction score
Hey everyone im a bit of a newb to the mini bike scene (and forums) and im looking for a bike to buy.

What do you think of this bike?
Also would this bike be classed as a midsize mini? :confused:

My budget is around $1200, I will be using it mostly for bush bashing and a few jumps here and there.

So do think this is an good bike for what I want it for?

Thank in advance

Attachments

• prox250cc.jpg
    prox250cc.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
if there anythin like the 200cc that they sell the 1 m mate bought the magneato shit its self after 3 rides but was good while it was going id stick to the 125 or have been told the 150 is prity good

does the 200cc version your mate have use the same frame as the one in the picture?
i like the prox 250 1 cuz its a looks a bit bigger, im a tallish bloke cant stand the bikes with 12" wheels

looking at the pick id say the 250 is bigger the 200 is the same size as as the 125

buy a real bike for bush bashing... buy a 125/140 pitbike for piss farting around on :)

after reading heeps of post lol i dont like prox. think ill get an pitpro outlaw or rr

i have prox140 big foot and a new 150 pit pro both good the 140 big foot handles better than the 150 pit pro but the pitpro is heaps faster

I have the exact bike in the picture (different colour). i bought it because i thought the frame looked tough and 250cc should move it along. I havent ridden it in yet but for the time being it goes ok.

If its your very first bike and your not going to compare it to other bikes you`ve ridden in the past then it should be fine. But beware its heavy, handles like a pig and the front forks are absolutely SH!t, im 192 cm tall and weigh 80kg (skinny bitch i kno) but i still bottomed out the front forks going up my driveway, im going to change the fork oil and do anything i can to get them in better shape.

but at the end of the day its still fun, gets a rooster tail going in the dirt and gets the front end up pretty easy. o and it sounds tough, has a good tone nice n deep.

if you want to know anymore pm me and il tell you all about it :)

Hey Nafe does your ProX have the dampening knobs ontop of the forks, mine never and i rang Atomik and said these are not adjustable, they said under the rubber cap on the bottom of each fork is an air valve
My forks were way to soft too, after putting spaces in the top, heavier oil and about 15 pounds of air they are better, but def needs better springs, if i find a place with better springs at a good price i will let you know

Dont do it man!

I bought this exact bike a while back, the bad things I noticed was….

•It was as very heavy; think the Chinese melted down a F100 Ute to make it.
•The air box should be taken out and urinated on, as it acts like a funnel directing water and dirt into your carby, and the air filter is a little shitty square rectangle that would filter out a terd passing throught it!
•Everything is steel and poorly painted, so as soon as a twig rubs against it – rust develops.
•The front end will never come up on you so don’t try a wheelie in front of your mates!
•The front suspension is completely sh!thouse.
•The pro-link type suspension is made out of mild steal pins that have no grease nipples and cease up after the first month of ridding. The ilot holes also get ovaled out and huge slack develops.
•The 428# pitch chain is in constant need of re-adjustment from stretching.
•The front disc brakes are spongy.
•The cast aluminium hubs explode if the little Chinese slap head hasn’t machined them right.
•The sprocket mounting bolts constantly need re-tightening.
•if it dosent come with an NGK spark plug it will never start properly

Good things about this bike,
•Good strong engine (provided it has a good spark plug) only because it’s a Honda rip off…
•Good carby…only because it’s a japanease rip off as well.

Save your money and go buy a 1980's XR200 or XR250, It will alot more fun and break down alot less...there will be alot less cursing and swearing in your life!

Hey Jaz808 how much pressure can you put in the forks without stuffing the seals? I weigh 95kgs and have the same problem. Hi Nafe did my message help?

lol its true about the swearing and cursing, plenty of that going on.

my front shocks dont have the adjustment either, i thought changing the oil might improve the feel but it looks like it wont do to much.

ive also bought a KX Tomahawk for EXACTLY the same price on ebay, it comes in a week so i will give that a go, that has the adjustable front forks, mikuni parts and is 20cm longer.

sadly the weight remians the same (about the equivalent of a f100 custom) so if your skinny like me and want to bulk up just push the bike around for a bit and you`ll be feeling the burn in to time. :)

Hey big pit, yeah i currently have the brakes installed the way you described, i will leave them in that way i think, there pretty shit but i just been using the gears to slow down, probly not going to have a gearbox left in a week tho.

I got one of these too. The one thing that stops me recommending them is the shitty front fork - it really is ridiculously soft. Yes there are reliability issues which will test your nerve (search if u want to know what they were, ive mentioned them in previous posts), but they are usually minor and easy to fix/dodgy up - my friends call me the bush mechanic hehe. Engine is pretty tough, and goes ok. Only yesterday, after about a month of not riding it, took out the changa fanga as it had been raining. Had the thing fishtailing in 5th at about 30-40km/h which was pretty cool considering how much of a POS it is. I also dont find it heavy, i think its very nimble, well compared to an xr400.

I put in 15 psi, havent blown the seals, not sure how much you can put in, i weight 85kgs

hey mate they are a great bike i have on il sell it to u for 1000 u interested great for the bush i can send u a pic if u want

hey mate they are a great bike i have on il sell it to u for 1000 u interested great for the bush i can send u a pic if u want

Ya nearly 5 years late on this one lad

Latest posts

Back