2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome back Marlboro man, yeah the thread has grown a bit since your last visit...

still no luck with the rear suspension linkages, but i'm waiting on a YZF426 rear linkage, to see if that makes any decent differences to the clunking...
Front end however, was an easy fix with a YZF400 (99) front end...
I've recently received a 30mm OKO, and once i get some bigger pilot jets, will be trying that one out, to see if it makes much difference over the 26mm.
Most of us are trying the 26mm Flatslide, as they are easily sourced, and they are a proven bolt on replacement, with little need for tuning straight out of the box.
The bigger ones so far, have required a bit more tinkering, and i still havent been able to get my 28mm running right on it without jetting issues...
so far the mods that have been done on the local bikes, have been more or less bolt on items, without the need to remove the motor, or tearing the engine down to start modifiying ports and manifolds... once i've completed all the "stage I" modifications, i'll probably look into doing similar things to what you have, and things like bumping up the compression, big bore kits etc etc, and possibly regrinding the cam if possible...
If the clutch can take it, it would be interesting to see what sort of power can be had from the Loncin.

Fitted the new CDI under the seat, it was very easy, it just plugs straight into the loom.
23112009592.jpg

hmm yours is gold, mine was blue but both casoli.

i had to cut and strip the wires and i connected em with spade connectors as the connectors were different.

you started the bike with it yet?

hmmm so looks like the gold one is the way to go since its a direct plug in.

But blue one is simple enough to fit since i haven't seen another gold Casoli on ebay lately.

Found a nice little clamp to hold the 2 sections of the throttle cable together since it was popping off at full throttle at the plastic cable joiner.

Is good now, doesn't come loose now and doesn't hold the carby open.

Came out of a 240v toggle switch, normally for the earth wire.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Last edited:
thump is the choke on the 26mm OKO when the thing is is pulled out or pushed in.

because mine is acting strange, i tune it when the the lever is pulled put so its idling, push the lever back down and the revs get higher???? thought turning a choke off was suppose to lower the idle? or am i doing it back to front :p

yea i tuned it for when it was in, runs like crap when the choke is out though and smooth when its in.

Hey Synergy, is an axle the only thing you need to run YZ forks next weekend? i got one in the 400 forks that is just sitting there for now...
hmm... just had a thought... you mentioned axle spacers to run the Blitz wheel... i hadnt considered that, as i still have the YZF wheel on mine...

got my axle and bearings for it, not fitted yet but axle only came with the outside spacers, made a new center spacer the same length as the original for the blitz and put it on the axle and compared it to the markings on the axle ( 2nd hand) appears from the eye to be the same length however i got a feeling that the bearings i got may be a lil thicker than original yamaha bearings as the markings on the axle show markings of thin bearings and the ones i got looked to overlap the markings. but will hav it together shortly and will let ya know.

Hello everybody!

Does any of you have succed the taking of the gaps on the rear shock system (link system) ?
All the bearings have gaps, and the holes in the link system, are too wide for the bolds, so they all have gaps betwem them (o can see what i'm talking about just by levitate the rear whell of the ground, by pushing the seat up, and you will the the gap noise of the link system)

Please comment.

Best regards

i made spacers for my rear shock link system, cant remember the sizes i made each one ( think i posted it in here somwhere) seems to hav done the trick as i hav no noise comming from the rear shock/ linkage assembly:)

well bikes all finished :).

Ended up using the DHT throttle cable that came with the 1/4 throttle and joining it to the little throttle cable with my clamp since the standard cable was to short, could only turn the 1/4 throttle half the way which fully opened the carby making it a 1/8 throttle :p

All tuned and ready to go now though, will see how it goes Saturday.

Going to have to completely re-do the fuel system though after this weekend though to make it flow better, still not flowing well enough even with new bigger lines.

^^^^yep, having the same problems with mine at the moment... presents problems like lean jetting, but the bike was running perfectly beforehand, and the jetting hasnt been touched...
I run clear fuel lines on mine, and i can SEE that the fuel is not flowing through it... pops, coughs farts and blows flames out the back, and runs real hot... so clearly it's starving for fuel...
once i have a solution for it, i'll post it up in here.

^^^^yep, having the same problems with mine at the moment... presents problems like lean jetting, but the bike was running perfectly beforehand, and the jetting hasnt been touched...
I run clear fuel lines on mine, and i can SEE that the fuel is not flowing through it... pops, coughs farts and blows flames out the back, and runs real hot... so clearly it's starving for fuel...
once i have a solution for it, i'll post it up in here.

yea only way i can see to do it is to move the fuel on/off switch to a new location, possibly on the other side of the bike to suit the carby.

yea only way i can see to do it is to move the fuel on/off switch to a new location, possibly on the other side of the bike to suit the carby.

i agree, havnt done it yet but that was my plan of attack aswell. the outlet of the tank compared to the height of the fuel tap is pretty close, not allowing much downwards angle for the fuel line + filter. if u get around to it before me (most likely) let us know where u mount the tap coz the only brackets i seen on the other side are to far up the frame and would cause the same problem.

Just got back from my weekend of riding so might start looking into it next weekend.

Power is up for sure on the bike to the point where i couldn't take off full throttle or i would just dig myself straight into the ground when trying to take off at a decent speed :p

Minus the little bog down when coming out of a sharp corner cause of the fuel issue, the bike ran really well.

Got some video from the front of the bike using my brothers bike camera going full throttle down a dirt road, easily topping 100kph, just need to upload it.

The Blitz just keeps running even when covered in 2 inches of mud, it doesn't play up, these photos were of saturday, today's riding (sunday)was muddy with clay and rain completely covering the blitz in crap.

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

2003 Honda CRF 450 Clutch Lever and bracket, lasted 2 rides before i snapped it, dodgy tap repair to make it last the day and a bit so i could keep riding.

Need to find a stronger one to replace it with.

IMG_0949.jpg

Last edited:
hi guys,wondered if anyone has a wiring diagram of the blitz.how did your carb go dirtbatua,check your float level 19mm

Hey THUMP do you know what the plastics are copied from or even better do you know what sticker kit fits, i have looked around and i can't find anything that looks like it would fit especially the radiator shround.

Latest posts

Back