2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
yeah the Casoli ignition is the one to use, and yeah, if you get stuck with the wiring, give us a yell, i'll post up pics and wiring plug outs to get you started...
I'm waiting on some more money to wire in a multi-function digital speedo as well... will post up wiring diagrams for that too...
Oh, on the subject of the muffler, i found the stock stuff is fine, and yes, it's louder once the muffler is opened up. When it comes time to repack the muffler, standard insulation batts like you put in your roof works great. :D

ok thump im stuck again, cant for the life of me see why the lil white collor on the end of the throttle cable in the carby keeps jumping out of the sleeve in the carby??got me stumped.. meanwhile whilst i had the carby out i took the time to look at the jetting, i undid the fuel bowl, undid the nut and pulled it out, said K97 not K100 as it said on the packet i got it in, then undid the flat head screw next to it and pulled it out, said K36 on it.. so all good i thought.. however when i had the top of the carby off i pulled sleeve the lil white collor sits in and the needle out and it said K44 on it and was on the second clip from the top??

I think you're seating the throttle cable in the wrong spot mate, do you realize it doesn't just sit in the white plastic bit? it has to go into the slot lower down in the slide, the white plastic bit just holds it there

I think you're seating the throttle cable in the wrong spot mate, do you realize it doesn't just sit in the white plastic bit? it has to go into the slot lower down in the slide, the white plastic bit just holds it there

so ur saying that the alloy sleeve that the needle sits in is the bit that the cable sits in?? man im a noob :( iv'e been seating the cable into the white plastic coller.. dam it.. but thanks dvdrip :D

hahah I just knew it didn't sound right falling out all the time :D don't worry we've all made stupid mistakes at some point

sorry, can't remember but what is the best main jet and pilot jet to order with the carby that was decided on? going to order mine tomorrow along with the 1/4 throttle off DHZ

Last edited:
ok so allot of people seem to be having trouble mounting the cable.

this is how it's done, it has to seat into the groove at the bottom of the slide, then the white plastic bit slides over it to hold it in place. see the last pic that's how it should look before you put it back in the carby, note you can see the very tip of the cable sticking out a little bit.

img0450w.jpg

img0451a.jpg

img0452h.jpg

ok thump im stuck again, cant for the life of me see why the lil white collor on the end of the throttle cable in the carby keeps jumping out of the sleeve in the carby??got me stumped.. meanwhile whilst i had the carby out i took the time to look at the jetting, i undid the fuel bowl, undid the nut and pulled it out, said K97 not K100 as it said on the packet i got it in, then undid the flat head screw next to it and pulled it out, said K36 on it.. so all good i thought.. however when i had the top of the carby off i pulled sleeve the lil white collor sits in and the needle out and it said K44 on it and was on the second clip from the top??
ok, so you have the same jetting as mine... so it should be pretty crisp then... Needle should be ok, but essentially your's should run fine, same as mine..
As for keeping the white collet in the slide, you may have it rotated 180 degrees... mine has to be kinda "pressed" down into the slide... never had a problem with mine popping out...

DVDrip can you post pics up asap of your setup? have a feeling yours might be the wrong one... or your slide is different... i'm gonna go out and get some pics of mine now, i reckon this question has been asked about 5 times in the last few days... Be good to get a definate answer and some pics of a solution..

ok so allot of people seem to be having trouble mounting the cable.

this is how it's done, it has to seat into the groove at the bottom of the slide, then the white plastic bit slides over it to hold it in place. see the last pic that's how it should look before you put it back in the carby, note you can see the very tip of the cable sticking out a little bit.

img0450w.jpg

img0451a.jpg

img0452h.jpg

^^^^this wont work with a 1/4 or 1/8 throttle. there isnt enough freeplay in the cable too allow you to mount the cable end that far down the slide...
PS: the above comment is relevant ONLY to the Blitz throttle cable... There MAY be enough freeplay in a different sort of cable on a different bike.
Nice work DVDrip, hopefully this should sort a few of the slide issues everyone is having.

yea my cable didn't have enough freeplay with a 1/4 turn on a midsize, I just cut about 20mm off the cable tube, easy fix ;)

so thump I'm surprised to see you doing the same blunder lol

mate so am i!!!! ha ha ha ha!! quite embarrassing really... I prefer to call it a technical oversight, than a blunder... ha ha ha!! ah well.... more proof i dont know everything... ha ha ha... probably missed it cause i didnt have the freeplay, and the cable end didnt look right in there.. ah well, mine are both working fine, so until i need to replace cables, they can stay where they are... :D

don't race out and cut 20mm off your cables people, just go little bit at a time until you have the perfect length, you want a bout 2mm of freeplay in the cable once it's all put together, then you adjust the freeplay out using the tensioner on the throttle.

after you cut the cable down you need to wrap some electrical tape around the tip to replace the metal tip, if anyone knows how to attach a metal tip plz let me know.

img0453we.jpg

img0454.jpg

img0455s.jpg

synergy17
I only put new wadding in becoz I had some laying around. Shldnt make any difference!

Oko troubles... Does anyone have the problem where they constantly have petrol dripping out of the overflow on carby or through the airfilter wen bike isn't running?? I've contacted Oko Australia to c if they have a fix, and thump*140, cheers for ur email. I'll try adjust the float wen I get home tonight.

yeah mate, like is said in the email, mine does it as well. i get around by turning the fuel off each time i stop. bit of a pain at first, but you get used to it. aside from adjusting the float level, i cant see any other way around it, as there is no alternative angle to mount the OKO, there just isnt the room sadly.
be interested to hear if any of you other guys mounting OKO's to the Blitz's have the same float/overflow issue?

well i ordered my oko carby with a 97# main and 36# pilot, billet 1/4 throttle and Casoli CDI today, so i'll have to see if mine will leak too.

can't wait to get it :p hope its alot better to ride.

Last edited:
ok i hav fitted the throttle cable to the carby as dvdrip has showen above and now the cable stays in. good work dvdrip. i did measure the the length of the cable i needed using the depth gauge on a vernier set, then measured it up against the cable and was 17mm short, so i cut the outer sheaffing back 17mm and bam it all fitted together and runs sweet.

had a thought why urs might not be popping out thump*, as u said before wen u fitted the lil screw in the white plastic coller it spreads the plastic, i used a M5 screw and dont think it spread it too far as i found the plastic collor still loose in the slide.

as for my carby dripping fuel.. it does not, well not yet. i have had it running on and off for 4-5mins several times and even with the fuel tap left on i dont get any leakage with the engine off.

i did learn somthing new today as the blitz is my first water cooled bike, it doesnt like the engine running without the bike movin, i.e. it overheated and spat coolant out the overflow. just grabbed an industial pedastall fan at work and put it infront of the bike on high speed and allowed me to try to tune the carby without overheating.

hmm... i found the cooling system on the blitz to be pretty efficient... is your bike popping and backfiring with a real unsteady idle? revs rise and fall a lot? mine is quite happy idling away for a few minutes without getting too hot... if you have the same jetting as mine, then the fuel line itself may be the culprit, as it doesnt really flow too well "downhill" with the stupid fuel line set-up the bike is "blessed" with... took me awhile to find the best fuel line route where it was downhill from tank to carby... thus flowing correctly without starving the engine, running lean and overheating...

Latest posts

Back