2008 ProX 250 Opinions Please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello,

I am looking to upgrade from my pitbike to a 250. I am A bit limited with money as i am only 16 and saving for a car aswell. I have found this bike on ebay and it looks pretty good for the price 2008 BLACK ORION ProX 250cc DIRT BIKE TRAIL PIT THUMPST - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Dec-07 14:40:00 AEDST) as it is water cooled etc. Does anyone own this bike or can anyone give me some sensible feedback if it will be ok?... i will just be using it for some recreational trail riding with some mates.

Thanks for the comments. Matt

hey matt, i'm thinking very seriously of buying one of these to replace my mini. they look pretty good. i think they would go pretty good out of the box and even better with a couple small mods like a bigger carbi( i think they only run a 30mm which i would upgrade to a 38 or 40mm), plus a bit of head work and finally an exhaust system( which might have to be custom made for this bike). pm me with any info you can find on this bike, would be very much appreciated. Callan

ok i will keep an eye out for any info. Pm me aswell if u can find something aswell.. because i think im going to buy this bike :) Also does anoyone know what type of plastics or sticker kit will fit this bike??

I dunno boys I'm a bit suss on china vertical motors and I wouldn't take one off a ramp for a bet ...I reckon don't do it.

I wouldnt take an XR or TT or DR off a ramp either, but for farm, light trail and learning they are fine. Different strokes for different folks.
Remember you are only spending $1500 on a bike. Try get a decent jap for $1500. you be lucky to get an 85 XR250 for that. You wouldnt race a TTR-250
images-2.jpg
round a track so think of it like that. Both made for similar riding but you could almost buy a new bike for the cost of a rebuild on the ttr

the front is KLX plastics, but the back looks a little different to reg KLX plastics?
but i might be wrong, the back might be KLX?

well i don't really think you can beat a 1500 dollar bike even if it only last 18 months, i wouldn't use mine for racing or large jumps just something that i can flog around on the trails and dirt roads. You have to agree with me that its gonna be cheap fun, i think the motor will hold up with regular checks and services, i was looking at a xt 250 for 1500 dollars but it looks shit, its old and i wouldn't rely on it, i know china's aren't reliable but it will do until i get comfortable with big bikes and then i will purchase a kx250f. :)

ive just brought a 2008 prox 250 on Monday im taking out to the farm tomorrow to run the engine in it seams good quality but mine had a kink in the fuel line connecting to the tank this is a known problem ill post how the bike handles on monday
Cheers Mick

Last edited:
I wouldnt take an XR or TT or DR off a ramp either, but for farm, light trail and learning they are fine. Different strokes for different folks.
Remember you are only spending $1500 on a bike. Try get a decent jap for $1500. you be lucky to get an 85 XR250 for that. You wouldnt race a TTR-250
images-2.jpg
round a track so think of it like that. Both made for similar riding but you could almost buy a new bike for the cost of a rebuild on the ttr

Yeah fair enough mate.:cool:

the bike is sweet but its a first time water pump motor and who knows what could go wrong with it.but some sweet new changes.

Back