200cc ducar oil change

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldrider

Reaction score
hello new to the site so a hello to all, i have orion pro series with 200cc ducar
5 speed which runs very well but is in bad need of first oil change sorry to say i thought the bike would be shipped with decent oil but after reading some threads not so, my question is what type of oil to use the bike has done about 2 hours work. when i purchased the supplier said it had 25/50 synthetic oil but don't you run that after run in and how long does it take to run in thanks for any answers

run it in hard dont rev it for long periods of time but use engine brakes alot and as for how lond they say around 3tanks of fuel. as for oil i used 10/40 when i my bike was new and now i run 20/50 not saying thats how you should do it but thats what oil i had in my shed at the time.

The manual that came with the bike will tell you exactly what weight oil you need to use. It will most likely be 10w40 but could be anything from 5w50 to 20w40. Any oil without friction modifiers that is the correct weight will do the job. There is no real need to buy expensive bike specific oil but just a basic car oil will do the trick.

thanks guys but the so called manual i got tells you nothing just a few sheets of paper would like to get decent one, the bike is more or less return to seller for service and repairs i have to hunt around all over just to find things out but you guys do give answers an i do thank you

If thats the case use 10w40 oil. Mineral or Synthetic, car or bike depending on your budget (oil from woollworths will do the job, hillz uses black and gold from the supermarket in his honda and has done for ever). The oils that advertise fuel savings are not the ones to use as they will have friction modifiers in them. It aint rocket sience and these chineese engins are "old style" designs and run fine on "old style" oil.

Remember that as they dont have oil filters you need to change the oil a lot (I do it about every 10 - 15 hours riding.

thanks guys for your answers, went back to the dealer seems like the wrong oil was put in needed 10/40 every day oil seems like they need a lot of grinding to settle in then a semi synthetic after that so have put 10/40 to run in properly

Latest posts

Back