200cc hardknock bobber

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisties

Reaction score
hey everyone,

im pretty sure i've seen the hardknock bobber posted on these forums before but just incase heres some links..

Hardknock Bobber - hardknockbobber.com

200cc Hardknock Bobber

anyway i was wondering if anyone had any info on how to get one in australia?

i'm pretty sure i've seen guys talking about importing them, i guess they fell through..

does anyone know if they would even be legal in australia?

thanks for your help ladies and gents :)

thats pretty gangsta, whats you plans for it? Drive buy Vehicle maybe........

my 110 mini chopper just doesnt cut it anymore after seeing that. hmm...
spare 150cc upright motor in the shed.... spare mini chopper with 8x8" rear rim.... hmm.....
better not do any drinking tonight... might build something ''irresponsible"....;)

i'm glad you guys are into them, they seem to be about 1/8th the price of a legit bobber too and would probably be learner legal i would guess?

anyways if anyone has any info on importing one, i'd love to hear it!

maybe we could get a bunch of guys on here to make a bulk shipment? :D

no rego on that unless big massive coin on a adr ,never happen ,unless its pre 84 i think or pre 88 you can import them and get adr ,but must be built pre those dates

my zed is a import from japan with import papers hence i gotr rego also build date was 1974

if you can do it theres a huge market for these here in aust but it would never happen im sorry

best way to go about it would be, grab an old piece of junk laying round say something liek a yamaha virgo and use the numbers of that. proberly the only way u can rego it. but would be dodgy hahaha

could you tell me why i wouldnt be able to register them? say you had fitted front and rear guards, lights, horn, speedo etc etc, you still wouldnt be able to register them?

that really sucks, they seemed like an awesome option :(

could you tell me why i wouldnt be able to register them? say you had fitted front and rear guards, lights, horn, speedo etc etc, you still wouldnt be able to register them?

that really sucks, they seemed like an awesome option :(

mate you could gold leaf it ,but with out a ADR Compliance plate your stuffed ,it is possible to get an engineer to get this modification for you but ,i dont think the coin would be to your taste

now see if it were easy as just fit lights nad blinkers and such ,where would we be ,there would be death traps all over the road ,i know i ride 1 lol

there are a squillion reasons this would never see a plate bolted to the back of it... ADR's pretty much take the fun out of anything motorised...
ADR = australian design rule... basically a million and one rules a vehicle must adhere to, to be deemed road legal... everything from headlight height, taillight height, space between indicators, mirror height, gearing, noise, fuel type used, emissions blah blah blah... brake pad compounds, brake lines used...
basically everything has to be engineered and certified to meet a certain safety level... which all comes to down to cost really, as there is no logical reason one of these bobbers cant be road legal, when it's legal to throw lights on a pitbike, call it a motovert rx, and away you go... cause lets face it, when it comes to motoverts, old zeds etc, there aint nothing safe about being on something two feet high in the middle of traffic...
basic bureaucracy making life gay...

oohh ok i see where your coming from now.. well.. i guess i should go back to trying to win the lotto so i can afford to build a real bobber.. :(

Hey all,
Been working on getting these bikes complianced for some time, getting closer but still a way to go.Send me an email and I'll add you to my ever growing list of future Knockers.
Go to:disturbedcustomcycles.com.au

Latest posts

Back