200cc trick qestion on carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEDUCE

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 200cc quad and i havent riden it for a while about 6 months.
anyway i left the tank with fuel and i went to start it just now and it wouldnt start.
I drained the fuel out of the screw on the side of the bowl and drained the fuel. it was dirty. then i tried to start it and it ran with the choke butterfly fully closed. i warmed it up and then it started to die when reving it so i put the choke one notch (has 3 notches)
lower so not fully closed and it died.
Now i pulled the carby off and fully cleaned it pulled the jets out and cleaned it out and blew threw all of them all and some **** came out.
I put it back on and same thing it wont run with the choke off (fully open butterfly) it sounds like it is suffercating like really sucking type noise.
Now what does it sound like as i have not changed any of the screws or settings on the carby but it wont run after sitting and having the carby full of **** and cleaned out.
Is there a setting i can start with on the carb or anyone know what it could be?
Thanks guys

Hey mate, did you blow the jets out with an air compressor, sounds like the idle jet is blocked, did you see thru the jets when cleaning? Also did you dump the fuel out of the tank, it maybe pretty bad by now also.

Thanka buddy, No i just blew threw it with my mouth, i will pull it off again and see if i can see through it.

All good champ, yeah the 2 brass jets that you remove with the flathead screwdriver will have holes on the sides of them and also the main hole straight thru the guts of them, hold them up to the light and you need to see a clean hole thru them both, the thinner jet is the slow/idle jet and the larger is the main jet. If you clean the carb again and blow everything out with an air compressor just be careful where the main jet goes in as there is another small brass section in there that may fall out but just do it on a clean rag or a clean space incase it does and you can see if it does bud. Let me know how ya go after you clean it and run it lad. Cheers Mick

if ya dont have a air compressor you can get a strand of a old brake/ clutch cable and push it through (had to do this in extream situations) but it takes more time to do

All good champ, yeah the 2 brass jets that you remove with the flathead screwdriver will have holes on the sides of them and also the main hole straight thru the guts of them, hold them up to the light and you need to see a clean hole thru them both, the thinner jet is the slow/idle jet and the larger is the main jet. If you clean the carb again and blow everything out with an air compressor just be careful where the main jet goes in as there is another small brass section in there that may fall out but just do it on a clean rag or a clean space incase it does and you can see if it does bud. Let me know how ya go after you clean it and run it lad. Cheers Mick

Thanks buddy yeah cleaned it all down again with compressed air ad could see through all jets.
Got a question how many turns does the one underneath screw out?
Mine was 3 1/4 out is that right
What does it do if its too far in and also too far out?
I think it's the air bleed screw

The screw underneath in between the 2 of 4 fuel bowl screws is the fuel screw. It should prob be no more than 2 and a quarter turns out, try and put it at 1 and three quarters to start but I wouldnt go past 2 and a half at the max, im pretty sure in on your carby is rich and screw out is lean.

Did it run better mate.

Latest posts

Back