2011 aussie minimotard champs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for this post for a while.

Jump on board guys. This really is going to be one hell of an event.
Fast, slow, first time, retired this is your chance to have ride around the islands kart track.
Any entry or event info give Brendan 'Hippy' a call. Great guy that will tell you all he can.
Any bike or riding help I'll try to answer any questions on here for you.

im there fo sure nocrf n barns!!
whats the rules ?
hope theres none!

too bad I don't get my P's until May, I would of chucked CST's on my LXR for that. :)

MiniMotard Titles 2011 Phillip Island

Ok guys this is the official Minimotard thread for the Australian Titles 2011.
March 4th & 5th

Like the heading says, we finally got there.!! after 2 years of working with Motorcycle Australia, having to change the rules in The Manual Of Motorcycle Sport to suit minimoto in Australia and 6 month of not knowing if all our hard work was going to come together in time.!!
Southwest Minimoto after receiving a very inportant phone call yesterday afternoon are very proud to announce that the first Official Motorcycling Australia, Minimoto Australian Titles at "PHILLIP ISLAND" Kart track(what a mouthful.) To be held MARCH 4th & 5th 2011.
We have strategicly chosen this date as it is the weekend directly after the World Super Bikes at Phillip Island. With the media opportunity of having an international event for the biggest bikes one week, and a national event for the smallest bikes the next at the same venue,(their has to be a story in there somewhere?) and as part of our contract with Phillip Island we have incorporated a marque for a static display for the weekend of the superbikes so we have never had a better chance to showcase our great sport to such a broard range of motorcycling enthusiusts,media and general public as a whole.

Southwest Minimoto is hosting this event but this show is not about us its about all of us diehards that love our sport and can see the protential of our sport. So we would like all clubs Australia wide to get involved and help us put on a show worthy of the home of motorcycle racing in Australia and at the same time having a great platform to promote your club to people from all over the country. Our small group of dedicated people throughout Australia need to band together as a team after such a hard year to get our sport back on track.
As I mentioned earlier we have got a marque for the three days of the super bikes,and in saying that Southwest Minimoto are extending an open invitation to all clubs throughout Australia MA affiliated or not to get involved with our display FREE OF CHARGE (but we will make you sell raffle tickets to promote your club and more importantly our sport, and if no one from your club can make it get some flyers or cards to me and we will display them and pass them on to the appropriate people. We are also in the process of producing 2000 A3 posters that will be ready for distribution in the middle of December and if you email me with your club details we will be more than happy to get them on the posters. With the posters we have Victoria covered but we would love to have the support of every minimoto rider and club to do there best to get the word out so please email or call myself or Darren Schneider with your details and we will get them out to you whether it be 1 or 100 these posters will be our best form of advertisement we will have so I urge all club presidents to get these posters in every bike shop window that they possibly can in there state.(Its not very often you get free advertisement you should make the most of it.) As we have only sealed the deal "Yesterday now" our little behind the scenes crew have an absolute mountain of work to do and a very short time line to acheive this but Im sure Darren will be bombarding the forums with information very soon and i think registration opens late December. We would like people to hold off on booking accommodation if they can for a week or two the reason being is that this show is costing a fortune and rider entries are not going to come close to covering the cost so we need funding, we are approaching Phillip Island council and Tourisum Victoria for funding and if we can all book our accommodation though the same link the more hits we have the more cash we get.
"NOW FOR THE PART WHERE WE CAN ALL HELP" Over the next four days I will be franticly putting together a sponsorship proposal, our proposal is a four tear setup from $100.00 package ie. donation/small business gets VIP area access and thankyou for supporting us in the program, to $10,000.00 nameing right sponsor (Thats why the posters are going to be four weeks away). Our meeting will be named ie. "The Bollins Racing Australian Minimoto Title". ( Bet you liked that fancy pants)along with a full hostpitality package, 5 Star accommodation for the weekend, Driver service to and from the track at there leisure someone to feed them and wipe there bottom if they need it Blar,Blar,Blar with there company name or logo attached to every thing we do "I think you get the picture! We would appreciate it if as many people as possible could pass one or more on to someone of interest and if we got $100.00 sponsorship from it we would be wrapped and when you see there name in the program you can be proud that you have done your bit to keep the wheels turning.!!

"ATTENTION ALL MOTARD RIDERS" Come back you all disappeared we know your still out there "WE NEED YOU". I've heard that our current Australian Title holder Ryan Taylor who "when theres no minimoto on the weekend of course" can be seen having it out at the pointy end of the Australian Superbike Seires will be back to defend his title. I think had it a bit too easy this year so we need the boys from Gladstone to get down and put on a show! Im sure if they do make the trip down, Ryan wont have it all his own way this year.!!

Our club made the decision something had to be done to get our sport noticed by the mainstream media and motorsport alike.!! The Club has done the best it can to provide this,so now its upto all of us to put in and get the ball rolling. If we as a sporting group achieve only "HALF" of whats possible from an opportunity like this I see 2011 being a very good year, and 2012 being the best year we've ever had.!! "LETS PUT ON A SHOW"

(Rules and Class details are to come)

Contact details: Brendan O'Donnell (Hippy...)
President Southwest Minimoto Club Inc.
Phone:0401 922 118
Email:[email protected]

Wow, what a great kick in the pants for the sport!! Well done to all involved in making this happen...Makes me wanna finish my build quicker and hit the tarmac!

Cant wait to hear more!

Well done!

EDIT: This may be a stooopid question, but is there an Aus series? Something like the recently completed High rollers series..but for Tard?

what about an Australian wide club..id be interested in joining one for sure?

With news like this and what looks to be an ever expanding rider base, hopefully our little minimotard section here on MR might be given a much needed boost?

Last edited:
From what i have heard so far there will be at least 20+ motards on the grid. and i mean at least. even if people, you dont have a bike, i would come along and have a look as it will be an amazing day. Im going to bring all my friends along for the spectical.

im also going to buy a pocket bike as well just so i can get some more time on this amazing track. i think alot of 'Dads' as well are going to swing their leg over their sons bikes just to ride this track.

there is a series for both national and state levels that have just been rounded up this year. there was i think 3x national rounds and about 4x state rounds in the individual states.

You dont have to join these clubs as of yet. just turn up, pay for a day licence and ride.

there definately is an expansion in the sport as more motard products are being offered and shops are making there customers aware that mini motard exists. most people just dont know its out there.
Look at products such as the new mag and billet wheels. they werent around a year ago.

The good thing is that you can be really competitive with only a few mods to your bikes. Us motard boys are here to help.

If some of you in Vic are wanting to see what its all about, you should come to the track when we are going or even let us know and rock up to the dandenong track on a Wed night and have a chat about everything. Who knows we might let u have a go on one of our bikes.

What categories are the races and what's the requirements for entering (myself and the bike)
Also, cost of entering?

As it looks right now, i should be able to join Dafunk and No_crf_50_here but will know more on the other side of new years!

Here is a link for the kart track: Phillip Island Circuit

And by the way, the kart track is a replica of the big track:action-smiley-033:

Its great that the sport is getting a real kick in the nuts to start going it needs it. Cant wait to see how it all turns out.

Londin, Requirements for bike would most likely be:
- Bar ends (can be purchased from any motorbike store for around $20-30
- Axle sliders which you can buy from Home Page - DHZ Mini Moto
- Peg sliders or you can buy alloy pegs from any pit bike store
- Catch can system. You can make them yourself or buy them. Refer to the tutt section where i have done a how to on them. Or you can purchase on various websites none of which i can remember though. But you can find them.

Personal requirements will probably be something like:
- Helmet
- Goggles
- Boots
- and road gear ie. race suit or jacket with jeans and pads
- Gloves

I cant confirm any of this yet but thats roughly what you would be looking at.
I will deffinatly be racing and hopefully can convince a few more mates to join in as well!!

Thanks to the people behind the scenes that help make all of this possible and to come together. Motard is great fun and i encourage anyone to try it. Everyone that has tried it ends up doing it.

Cheers,
Sam93.

i think it will be leathers only .
its a shame as numbers may go down .
i have a spare set if someone needs to borrow a set
size 48 dainese

Last edited:
I have been looking for this post for a while.

Jump on board guys. This really is going to be one hell of an event.
Fast, slow, first time, retired this is your chance to have ride around the islands kart track.
Any entry or event info give Brendan 'Hippy' a call. Great guy that will tell you all he can.
Any bike or riding help I'll try to answer any questions on here for you.

have you got hippys number ?

shouldnt be a problem if you have a can on the end. have you heard some of these pocket bikes with only 170mm mufflers? they are loud man.
noise is suppose to be 96db from 5m away as the bike goes past on wide open throttle. but it doesnt really matter. why? how loud could your bike be? it couldnt be any louder than some of ours down here.

Ive got it.

Contact details: Brendan O'Donnell (Hippy...)
President Southwest Minimoto Club Inc.
Phone:0401 922 118
Email:[email protected]

(ive started up an official 2011 titles thread, we might post eveything in there)

im there fo sure nocrf n barns!!
whats the rules ?
hope theres none!

If theres no rules then ill bring my CRF500 motard. it should still get round a go-kart track quicker than Londin's Ducati. still Ryan, Matt and Sam will beat me on 150 - 160 mini tards.

Latest posts

Back