2012 TTR50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domotox

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Well I just purchased my KLX110 and while in my local bike shop getting some parts for it I had a glance around and they had a TTR50 sitting on the floor. I was pretty impressed with the thing and the sales bloke told me they had a sale on at the moment with yamaha rebate. So I almost took one there and then.
But a few questions popped up that he really could not answer.

Are there many after market parts for the 2012 model? After looking over the internet it seems there are a few but the one that has me stuck is a tall bar kit. I can find them for 09 and down so does anyone know if you can get them for the 2012 TTR50.

Would anyone here recommened the TTR50 as a adult mini.

Dom

no I wouldnt. I also looked at them when I bought my CRF, and planet minis was my answer. the guys over there really struggle to get any performance out of them. parts are limited to a few manufacturers, so are consequently more expensive. electric start? do you need it on a 50?

Last edited:
Didn't really thinka bout the elec start that really is just one more thing to go wrong.
I have my KLX so i really do not need another small bike but they looked the part.
I might have to take a trip up to DHZ and get there DPRO 160. I have cash in my wallet and it needs to be spent before the missus finds it lol

Hahah, too true, well you have a midsize why not go a lil crf50 or the dhz110? would be good as a little thrasher

You don't see meny of the ttr50 around! Se odd one from time to time at race days.
they more for some one wounting differant to everyone. as in stock 50 class they all crf50s

As westy sayn parts harder to find for ttr as most are for crf's.

Yamaha shop in canberra haveing big sale atm, all yamahas to clear!
So went down for look just to see watt they are selling the new ttr50s for.
18062012002.jpg

thought they be cheaper then that.

Still better buyn new honda 50 i reckn!
Just thought id post up finding on new ttr50 had there (4 on floor)

NO!! kick start back up ethere :(
anther x to yamaha, Buy HONDA!! lol

They have the ttr50 for 1590 at the moment but everyone helped me see they are not the best buy.
I just need something to get out there and thrash while i am building the klx i think dhz will be getting a visit tomorrow.

Well as I said DHZ got a visit today and thanks to the guys up there I am a new owner of a DPRO 160 and what a bike.

Dom

congrats dom, sure you will love that bike as a second bike

Cheers mate
I bought my first china mini a while ago which was a pitpro and I swore I would never buy a china bike again and nothing will ever replace the KLX but when I sore the quality of the DHZ bikes I could not resist.

Dom

everyone hates pitpro so much for some reason, ive got a pitpro 150xr and it goes crazy! keeps up with xr250r's until they get into 6 gear! haha

everyone hates pitpro so much for some reason, ive got a pitpro 150xr and it goes crazy! keeps up with xr250r's until they get into 6 gear! haha

I do not hate my pitpro but it definatly has given me a few headaches.
Mine is a 125 and a earlier model so I am not to sure if they have lifted there game a little but I hope they have.

Latest posts

Back