215.VM2.K5 fluid transformed my forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numroe

Reaction score
I put 250ml of 215.VM2.K5 VIBRATION CANCELLATION FLUID per leg in my pitbike forks and oh boy what a transformation!

They feel like pair of good Jap made USD forks of a modern 85cc bike. Super plush on pretty rough terrain, and no wrist jarring on big hits. It feels like a $1500 upgrade but cost me just $25.

They are that good that they make me realize just how bad my DNM rear shock is. And that shock has only done about 15 hrs since it had good silkolene fluid put in there and a proper regas.

I have the China made copies of the 48mm Marzochhi USD forks.
Stage1: Originally they came with the stock china fish oil in them and felt like crap. I never rode on them (lucky) and flushed out the fish oil and also all the metal machine swarf floating inside the forks which eats seals and bushings in minutes.
Stage2: Then I put some good motorex 7.5 wt oil in them and the action was much smoother. But they still had a lot of chatter in the top of the stroke and on big hits they would easily blow through the stroke and bottom out. I ended up with 285ml of oil for bottoming resistance but the ride wash harsh.
Stage3: Flushed/cleaned and 250ml of 215.VM2.K5. Comp clicker on 5 out (was 9) and rebound on 11 (was 7).

If you do put some of this fluid in your forks or shock, then be sure to flush out all old oil using brake cleaner. If your forks are dirty inside, then throw them away and get new ones because 215.VM2.K5 can only go into very clean suspension.

Last edited:
good to hear from you again

so this 215.VM2.K5 is that the motorex 7.5wt you also talk of??

and if the 7.5 is bottoming out maybe a 10wt would be a better match?

also are you gonna be racing this year?

good to hear from you again
so this 215.VM2.K5 is that the motorex 7.5wt you also talk of??
and if the 7.5 is bottoming out maybe a 10wt would be a better match?
also are you gonna be racing this year?
Hi, and thanks.
No, this fluid feels at least 10 times better than the motorex. Seriously. The motorex was 10 times better than the stock fish oil
Visit SMART Performance Inc. www.smartperformanceinc.com
Fork oil volume controls bottoming - well it is supposed to. More oil = less bottoming and also harsher ride in the top of the stroke. But with motorex (or shell) I had 285ml and it still bottomed hard. With this new fluid I have 250ml (standard) and it can bottom on a big hit, but very smooth/subtle.
If you use 10wt in these USD forks and ride a lot of choppy ground then the fork turns to crap. I assume since the fluid foams up. Because the oil is too thick to run back down the spring quickly into the bottom compression valve. So it sucks air down there.
Not racing the pit bike. Just playing around.

I think the Lifan 150 gear ratios are too spread out to race it properly. 1st is totally useless. 2nd, 3rd and 4th too far apart. The best solution for me seems to go for low geared 14:39 sprockets and ride in 3rd and 4th all the time and accept the poor top speed.

Last edited:
I think the Lifan 150 gear ratios are too spread out to race it properly. 1st is totally useless. 2nd, 3rd and 4th too far apart. The best solution for me seems to go for low geared 14:39 sprockets and ride in 3rd and 4th all the time and accept the poor top speed.

i used to race with a lifan 150 which had an oko 26mm flatslide carb and it ripped

its actually a faster engine than the 155z but the 155z has the acceleration but the 150 has the top speed and i got some decent places with the 150 so you do have a fair chance

yop ..the smart stuff rocks and Dave is a great guy to talk to

yop ..the smart stuff rocks and Dave is a great guy to talk to
absolutely. You got 215 in your pitbike shock??

The front is so good I want the rear upgraded now. Not sure if I put 215 in my DNM or get something else. Not cashed up lately but also don't want to waste money on the dnm if it is just a dud. I tried a 1000 and 800 lbs/in rear spring and I'm sure I need something in the middle for my 74kg. My shock dampening control is woeful compared to the front.

a 1000lbs spring is too harsh for your 74kg....I would say give dave a ring...you need a different kind of smartjuice for the shock...has to be the one with a higher rating !!;)

...and yes I have the "Juice" in all of my bikes...cost an arm and a leg , but its all worth it!!:p

Yes I'll stick with the 800 spring, and try get decent shock dampening to operate with that spring.

Dave wrote to me today and warned that the shock might have lost its nitrogen. Because it faded so quickly/badly. But his fluid should work nicely in it.

I have the 3.9L bottle of SPI-3, and Dave said that it can be used anywhere with good results. For example in my KX450F I've used it in the inner and outer cambers in the forks and in the shock, and I'm very happy with it after about 5 hrs ride time testing.

I want to make the rear suspension much better, but I dont have the tools to self-service and regas a shock. And I dont want to waste money at this point in time.

Me knowing what the "smartjuice" did in my cheap forks, and remembering how the DNM MT-RC felt after a fresh oil change and re-gas, I'm keen to try some smartjuice in a healthy DNM MT-RC shock.

Questions:
Is the DNM MT-RC the best low price shock?
You know of a place to buy new seal or any parts for this shock? Or is it a throw away item upon failures?

Last edited:
well...I hate to say it , but the Fastace BS66rc is the best low cost shock available(and its the only one you can actually use from Fastace:rolleyes:...lol)
About the fluid...the SPI-3 was the one I was thinking of...if you already got it, great, give it a try...well worth it...the regas you can do at basicly all tire companies
Rebuild kits...mm...thats a tuff one....maybe Pitster can help you out with that???
I heard the Pitster guys in AUS are top notch....maybe you ring them??

Have fun with wrenching:D

Mountain, has the Fastace manufacturing quality control improved over the past 2 years in the BS66-RC?

Last time I looked at that shock (late 2007), people were saying it was either great, or great for a couple of rides then it died.

See also my post here: Rebuild Fast Ace BS-66RC Shock - Planet Minis

well...I am afraid its the same since 2007:p...anyway the ones I maintained run very well still:D

Latest posts

Back