24hour scooter race

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks great. do you just use stock scooters to keep them reliable for the race. do you throw them in the bin after? are 4 strokes better for the fuel consumption factor?

theres 4 classes all 50cc
2 and 4 stroke derestricted
2and4 stroke modified
we are in both 2 stroke classes

the scoots survive well as we only do about 1-2000kms
we were doing 3hour shifts on a derestricted in 07
the modified use heaps more

may have some spots for light riders
pm for details

how heavy are you turtle?
your fast on your crf450
you do road style too?

Only 75 honest narr lossing weight ATM down to 96 hope to be 90 or under soon

well prep going good thanks londin for the helping with the sr50
im proberly not riding due to injury ;[ but still hoping
2 confirmed minirider members are riding atm londin and barnes
maybe more members will know closer to race time

Doesn't it say you gotta be in the industry?

What exactly does that entail?

Think that's why not many people have jumped onboard.

Yeah it looks like its a bit 'club exclusive' style. I can't see that being a benefit for anyone. Surely more the merrier, just cap numbers like most comps do. Just my 2c.

Yeah it looks like its a bit 'club exclusive' style. I can't see that being a benefit for anyone. Surely more the merrier, just cap numbers like most comps do. Just my 2c.

as I understand the numbers were capped at 25 entries, with initial invitations going to industries bodies and the last to places were actioned off with the proceeds going to Charity. Its being run on a course marked out at the GC showgrounds that isn't much bigger than a kart track. I'm guessing anymore than 25 and it can become pretty hectic with standard 50's and modded 50's, pro racers and firstimers all in together.
I'm also pretty sure that this is run to benefit a charity as well, so it not all just a private boys club, but maybe if there is lots more interest for next year then can look at holding it at a bigger venue and possibly making it a bigger charity event.

But after we all recove I'm sure there will be plenty of stories and antics to share with everyone.

The Yamaha showtime crew ahve an entry and are carrying the flag, they were all issued with new scooters to go and practice on 4 months before the event, so we are going to have our work cut out, although in the standard class if your running anything other than an Aprillia Rs you will get smashed:boxing:

Ah well that makes more sense. I reckon if they opened it up in the future there would be a bit of interest and that could generate even more for charity and industry alike.. Its a cool concept! Hope it all goes well.

i hope it becomes a yearly event , as its been on every 2nd year in recent times .
theres heaps of interest and i have an overflow of riders atm .
not hard to get an entry thru your local moto shop , and be riding for that shop .

there may be 1 entry left at le minz scooterthon facebook

no crf here now onboard ;] as i cant ride ;[

see if you can get some little vid of those scoot's as i wouldnt mind seeing them in action. you guys are going to have so much fun rain hail or shine.

(it might make you want a SR50 Barnes)

see if you can get some little vid of those scoot's as i wouldnt mind seeing them in action. you guys are going to have so much fun rain hail or shine.

(it might make you want a SR50 Barnes)

I hope it does rain. I love the rain, oinly becasue I'm semi quick and droping it doesnt scare me.

Nope, I don't want an SR50. I did get laughed at but a 'stop/slow' sign tradies on the way to work. All I heard was " Hey boys.. Check out this D!ckhead in a race suit on the scooter...thinks he's Valentino Rossi or something!"[all the tradies laugh]
I just laughed inside my helmet and thought.. If you only knew...:shoot:

Latest posts

Back