250cc V-Twin

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanic-man

Reaction score
who makes small v-twins?
Lifan make 250cc v-twin and yamaha make 250 v-twin n bigger on the virago n the xv, but who else makes them because i need one.

Thankyou Ben.

honda make a 250cc v-twin... they had a vt250f back in the 80's, and then they had a vt250/spada in the late 80's/early 90's... then recently they brought out the VTR250 which is pretty similar to the spada motor

the spada motor is probably the pick tho, as it made more HP (about 36) and had 6 gears whre the VTR250 was detuned a bit (32 hp) and only has 5 gears. the spada was a little more revvy.. with a pipe they are pretty fun. both motors can tend to go thru cam chains + tensioners... they make a lotta noise when they go but its not that big a job, unless you ignore the 'clack clack clack' sound for a few months

shouldnt be hard to get a motor cheap because they are a very common grey import

thanks for the reply man. well im acctuly looking for a style like this type:
250v.jpeg

are there any bikes that are like the yamaha virago?

thanks ben.

thanks alot man that really helps. im only after the engine so is ebay my best bet or ....?

have a look on ebay sure

give victoria motorcycle wreckers a call, they might have a few lying around. or basically all the wreckers in town... i wouldnt pay tooo much for one tho.

theres a few import wreckers around, and a lot of these bikes are comming into the country as grey imports

also try www.findapart.com.au

email said:
I have in stock a XV250 motor its not complete the clutch plates and starter motor are missing out of it everything else is there.
When we pulled it out of the bike it was in good running order. It is priced at $330

What you think?

clutch plates are pretty cheap but you would wanna find out what the starter is worth

well the engine got sold before i could get a look at it. so im still in the look for one. This enginge is getting used for a midsized Custom Chopper im building lol. so what can i do to make it louder? 1st thing is straight pipes, but i was also thinking a bigger cam?

Latest posts

Back