25mm Mikuni on 110cc ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
My 110cc currently has what i believe is a 22mm Keihen carby, would i be able to put a 25mm mikuni on with 125cc jetting or do i need to change the jetting for a 110cc ?

That some guy was referring to you..

Are you saying i am michael brenden crane or whoever the fuck ripped that guy off ? Your tripping dude. What makes you think i am ? I've never sold anyone anything over this forum and just to enlighten you my initials are MJC hence my username

Last edited:
Ok i put the carby on, and it started but it just revs psycho. I turned the idle right down but it just keeps fluctuating and revving its tits off, you turn the throttle and it revs up but doesn't rev back down when you back off.

I used the spring from the 22mm carby to make sure that is right.

Ok just roll started it down my driveway and it took off from under me i hung onto the handle bars and it was up on the back wheel with rear guard dragging lol. Why is it revving out of control ? I have the mikuni set to the leanest setting as well

What's that got to do with anything ? It's a thread by noidea saying how he got ripped off by some guy?

I don't need to buy nothing i have all the parts, so can i put a 25mm on a 110cc with 125cc jetting ?

Even if you change your username they can still pin you for it, Same ip used on both accounts

Pin me for what? I have never sold anything to anyone over the internet apart from ebay, so my ip address has been active on 2 accts? I am on a internet plan that use's Dynamic ip, so could have been anyone on internode. And why would i shaft someone for $20 when i earn minimum $1500 a week?

Last edited:
I think I know what it is.

Its got something to do with the length of the exposed cable off the housing. It seems too short.

Expose the cable a little more by carefully stripping the housing by a few millimeters (say about 5mm at least). Do this by using a pair of long nose pliers to work through the spiral housing and cut using a pair of sidecutter pliers.

If 5mm is not enough, cut some more but you dont want to overdo it to avoid having too much play on the throttle.

What is happening is that it actually keeps the throttle already slightly open and no amount of idle adjustment would bring it down.

Once this is done and the bike runs properly, I reckon you wont need to touch the jets. Playing around with the needle setting will do.

Keep us posted.

And lastly, whoever did not live up to a deal, I suggest make it right.

Last edited:
Hey redstar, good advice i will try later today. If i do that though, will the cable still work with the 22mm carby ? I did notice when trying to get the slide of the 25mm on the cable that it was a bit hard to get on.

Apparently noidea gave the admins my name by mistake, so i am clear according to Scott.

Last edited:
Would it be ok to jump start my bike from a 12volt deep cycle battery?

Ok, i jump starting it off the 12 volt battery. It starts but does the same thing, it rev's up even when i don't have the throttle on. I stripped the cable back abit.

I get it started by putting my hand over the intake and crank it, it starts and i drop the throttle but it revs up high and then back down and just conks out. When i take my hand away after choking it some fuel leaks out the intake. Also where the manifold joins onto the motor there is a small leak, so i need some gasket glue. Could this small leak be what is causing it to rev up ? I'll post a vid of what its doing.

Edit: Here is video of what its doing www.users.on.net/~croft/problem.AVI (5 megabytes)

Last edited:
Ok i have put some gasket glue on the intake manifold to seal where it goes onto the motor, will try again when the gasket glue is dry in 1 hour. Is it ok that i have removed the black spacer from in between the carby and manifold ? As the carb doesn't fit with the spacer on. So any ideas on the problem?

Ok its running, i put my spare Mikuni on and it runs, but pretty rough. I checked the plug its good colour, but the top part of the thread is black. And the idle is still pretty high like 3000rpm but i am sure the slide is going all the way in. Power increase is tremendous, pulls wheelies so much easier but as i said its running rough and chunky. Could it be to lean?

by the sound of your film clip it isnt getting enough fuel... if you run the bike like this for to long you it will cause detonation and you dont want this. its better to be to rich then too lean.

set it rich then go from there.

by the sound of your film clip it isnt getting enough fuel... if you run the bike like this for to long you it will cause detonation and you dont want this. its better to be to rich then too lean.

set it rich then go from there.

Yeh i changed the circlip to the middle setting and its seems better, is idling nicely as well. But still a bit lean i think, it bogs out a little at high rpm.

Latest posts

Back