26mm carbie question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123abc

Reaction score
hey guys dunno if this is a stupid question or not but ive got a dhz140 with comes stock with a 30mm carbie i have been doin litle mods to it to make it go faster and was reading through the preformance upgrades guidlines and it says a 140 would run best with a 26mm carbie if i have a 30mm on it now is that just down grading or will it make my bike a lil faster ?

mate you may have a fake "genuine mikuni 30mm" carby, which will actually be a 26mm oval bore.. and not a true 30mm...
and the 26mm carby in regards to performance upgrades, was actually referred to as either an OKO Flatslide, or a Molkt 26mm roundslide... which are vastly different animals to the Fakuni 30/26mm in regards to performance capabilities and rewards.
so yes, a 26mm OKO or Molkt properly tuned, will be faster than your "genuine" 30mm mikuni. :)

yea my gues (even though i dont really know is that it is a crappy copy if i measure the throat diameter will that tell me what it is. is that how you determine the size of the carby?

yes you would need to measure the internal diameter of the carby, on the engine side, across it's narrowest point to access it's true size/diameter.

alright sweet thats a help i rekon its gonna be a carbie upgrade or a decent exhuast system like a twin muffler one what do you rekon would be a better 1 to get the most power from my bike ?

i reckon there was a review of the twin muffler pipe in the tech review or minibike review section... if you right click on the search button, open in a new window, then type in your search, you may be able to find it...
if you have the budget to stretch to it, why not upgrade both? clever searching and bidding on ebay, will net you both parts for under $300...
the other thing to consider, is that the twin muffler pipe does not appear to fit bikes with an external shock reservoir. It will however fit DNM type shocks, that have a remote reservoir... and shocks that have no external reservoir at all..
for the price of the twin pipe, and the difficulty of fitment, you could probably save the money, and get the same power gains by going to a 32mm big bore pipe... :)

alright sweet thanks heaps for your help man much apreciated

Latest posts

Back